Changes for the worse that have happened in my lifetime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Interviewees starting their responses with "So,....."

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Islamophobia. I didn't become widespread in the UK until after the millennia.
It's always been about. The only real changes have been that the media have started to take proper notice, and faith based hate crimes have become actual crimes when they weren't before. Add to that the Labour party desperately trying to highlight tory Islamophobia to distract attention from their own Antisemitism, and it's simply far more prominent that it ever was, but I would contend the actual levels of incidents and numbers of folk holding the mindset have changed little.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's always been about. The only real changes have been that the media have started to take proper notice, and faith based hate crimes have become actual crimes when they weren't before. Add to that the Labour party desperately trying to highlight tory Islamophobia to distract attention from their own Antisemitism, and it's simply far more prominent that it ever was, but I would contend the actual levels of incidents and numbers of folk holding the mindset have changed little.
If you really want to see hatred of Muslims work in a predominantly Hindu or Sikh environment. It shocked me.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Anyone posted :-

Cars

??????

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We had dartboards when we where kids. 501 was the game.:okay:
Mental arithmetic at school for me...learning tables, doing sums. Then my first major job involved adding up numerous columns and rows of financial figures without the aid of a calculator. I can still do it!!
Anyone can do that BB, that's easy.

... the real skill is in getting the sums right.

Top Bottom