Changes in Ramsden-world

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Guru
Yay, I'm so glad it's finally happening for you and with such immaculate timing for me! I've heard the stretch between SF and LA is amazing to cycle. Are you packing Liesl;)?

BTW, Spandex is heading southwards towards SF at the moment and I'm sure would love to see you if your schedules coincide.

Oh and I nearly forgot. Fellow CycleChat Bromley Massive'er Tollers recently moved to SF. So if you need someone to show you around, buy you drinks, bore you to tears, cheer you up with a cheeky smile, chat too but not get a word in edgeways.. then he is your man, a small man at that, but a cycling man never the less.

Only joshing Tollers dear chap.. we do miss you.. honest.
icon_wink.gif
cheers.gif
. :biggrin:

Cathryn, certainly do look me up. If you haven't left blighty already, then happy to offer advice. I went through all this in March.

Ian....Small chap? Since arriving my diet has consisted of Burgers and weak beer.....

4888596922_b7d9daa4bb_o.jpg

By the way....no thats not real. The Joys of "Fatbooth"

Slowgrind

My Son and his Wife and Grandson live in San Jose, the next City over from The Bay.
We've visited a number of times and found California to be enchanting!
Everything about the place is so refreshing, people in general have manners. The place is on the whole very clean and tidy. Big Sur could take a lifetime to see in full, and then you'd have to start again! The redwood forest up at Muir Woods is like a world of living dinosaurs. Interesting towns like Santa Cruz and Monteray have superb farmers markets with the freshest food and people passionate about the food they sell. Cycle trails are great with Marin County being just a ferry ride accross the Bay. I think that you'll be to old to come back to the UK by the time that you get fed up with all that San Francisco has to offer. There is a problem with the number of homeless people that are in and around the City and the authorities do what they can to sort the problem.
There are plenty of Ex Pats living there, my Son has quite a network of Brits to catch up with.
Good Luck! Keep us informed.

Top Bottom