Changing 10 Speed Cassette...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

migrantwing

Veteran
I'm currently running an 11-28 Shimano 105 cassette (11-12-13-14-15-17-19-21-24-28).

The problem I have is that I find I'm comfortable on most roads in the 50t up front and the more inbound gears at the back (17t 19t 21t and sometimes the 24t) even on hills. This makes for an inbound chainline towards the bike and I would like to get a cassette that gives a cleaner, straighter chainline than this.

I very rarely drop down to the 36t at the front, only when I hit a really tough climb.

Any recommendations?

TIA

EDIT* 34t NOT 36t

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
yep, use your 36 (or 34 as it possibly is) more once you get to the 17 or 19 and you need a lower gear then drop to the 36/4 and back to the 15/17 sprocket. That way you keep a straighter chain line for similar gearing.

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
yep, use your 36 (or 34 as it possibly is) more once you get to the 17 or 19 and you need a lower gear then drop to the 36/4 and back to the 15/17 sprocket. That way you keep a straighter chain line for similar gearing.

Makes sense, I just don't use the granny ring much. Guess I'll have to from now on.

P.S It is a 34t that I have, not a 36t. Momentary lapse :smile:

Last edited:

outlash

also available in orange
Any recommendations?

Stop worrying?

Top Bottom