Changing 10 Speed Cassette...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
:laugh:

Sounds as though you really don't need a compact migrantwing...change the 36 for a 38 or 40. Cheap and quick to do, it'll almost certainly give you a better range of useable gears.

Yeah, I'll probably look into it.

My bike came with compact as standard so I didn't really have any choice at the time. I'm sure there will be times where I would to drop down into the 34t but I have used it maybe on two rides in the last few years. Once was in Devon with some 30%'ers. I guess I've just got strong legs :smile:

Reactions: gbb
OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
You're doing well if you've cycled big hills in Wales and minimum gear you have used is 50:24. Kudos to you.

The answer is as @ColinJ suggests then, go Fixed!

Thank you, @bpsmith ^_^

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
e.PNG

Hahaha! Just noticed this, @ColinJ :okay:

outlash

also available in orange
Am I worrying? No! I just prefer to run a better chainline so asked for some valid input.

If the worst thing you've got to worry about is your chainline, I think you're worrying too much. You're not cross-chaining, you're not losing anything by doing what you're doing now. If you feel as though you need to justify buying a new cassette by asking on here over something really minor, expect answers you may not like. Valid enough input for you?

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
If the worst thing you've got to worry about is your chainline, I think you're worrying too much. You're not cross-chaining, you're not losing anything by doing what you're doing now. If you feel as though you need to justify buying a new cassette by asking on here over something really minor, expect answers you may not like. Valid enough input for you?

If I want to buy a new cassette, new chainrings or a new bike, I don't need it justifying by anyone on here at all. I was simply asking other members as they may have had similar experiences, thus possibly giving me solutions, which some have. Some have just posted for the sake of posting, with no positive contribution at all, like you. If you were humorous it may have been worthwhile. Go and annoy someone else who deserves it, there are plenty of newbies and idiots on here to exercise your superiority upon and fill your boots.

Last edited:
OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
So in a nushell, what you're saying is: 'I don't like the answer you gave me, go away'. Charmer.

It wasn't the answer you gave, it was the manner in which you gave it.The first part, I wholly accept yet there was no need to be derogatory in the second part, especially when I wasn't seeking validity for purchasing a new cassette.

"If you feel as though you need to justify buying a new cassette by asking on here over something really minor, expect answers you may not like. Valid enough input for you?"

You replied to something that was not implied, not once, but twice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
So we're into 'It's not what you said, it's how you said it'. Well done (see, I can be condescending too!). All I said was 'stop worrying', you leaped down my throat.

No evidence of that so far...

I was being sarcastic.

Also, I did not 'leap down your throat', I simply said 'Am I worrying? No!' then you came back with a derogatory second part to your reply. That's when I got annoyed. You could have gotten your point across and I would have accepted it up until that point, there was no need for the dig, but whatever. Thanks for your input, regardless. I'm not going to spend my time with little tiffs on a website.

Last edited:
Top Bottom