changing browser changes ebay listing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
using an ibook G4 running osx 10.4.11 and browsing with firefox 3.0.6 with 'no script' installed. when i view ebay item 190289859430 it's blank as no-script is blocking liveoffice.com. if i allow liveoffice then i get what looks like a bogus listing. the item number has changed, the remaining time is always 59mins 56 secs, all the bids have gone and it now has a but it now price. the 'seller' is requesting bidders email him to buy the item. the strange thing is that when i use safari browser instead i don't get any of this and see what looks like the genuine listing. any ideas what's going on?

cheers, velocidad.

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
well the listing seems to disappeared now anyway. all very odd!

cheers, velocidad

Carwash

Señor Member
NoScript can do weird stuff like that sometimes. I bet if you allowed all scripts/disabled NoScript you'd see the same in Firefox as you do in Safari.

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
Carwash said:
NoScript can do weird stuff like that sometimes. I bet if you allowed all scripts/disabled NoScript you'd see the same in Firefox as you do in Safari.

yeah, tried that. disabling no-script in firefox took me straight to the dodgy looking listing. i emailed ebay about this and shortly after the listing had gone. i've no doubt something dodgy was going on, i just would like to know why firefox took me to it and safari didn't :biggrin:

cheers, velocidad.

Top Bottom