Changing flats to drop bars advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Are these mudguards or crudes ? View attachment 426881
They are mudguards not crude and should fit the defy no problem

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
The FastRoad in the link has post mount calipers and the 105 hydro set has flat mount, so you can't use the BR-RS405 calipers.

However your existing calipers will work with ST-RS405 levers. Far better to go full hydro and comprise with cable/hydro setups.

I converted my flat bar to drops using Ultregra Hydro brifters with Deore calipers and it works perfectly.
Simply get IS-POST adaptors.

OP
OP
Freelanderuk

Freelanderuk

Über Member
My parts arrived a week ago and had a few hours spare today so started the swop over.
Pretty straight forward getting the new hose and gear cable outers through the frame , tried to index the front derailleur and realized I had not bought a barrel adjuster.i ordered one and a spacer block to bleed the brakes.
Packed all away and had to cook dinner
IMG_20180909_114835331.jpg
IMG_20180909_114904823.jpg
IMG_20180909_160447595.jpg
IMG_20180909_160455728.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180909_160503449.jpg
    IMG_20180909_160503449.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
Freelanderuk

Freelanderuk

Über Member
Cheers guys , i am really pleased with it and it's so comfortable to ride

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Thats one hell of a seatpost
work mate had a giant, frame cracked twice around the area on the seat ube where the seat tube meets the top tube , i wonder if these really compact frame designs with dropped seat stays contribute to it ? that much seatpost is designed for " compliance" but does the frame need extra reinforcement ? Thank gawd for giant frame warranty .

petrodej

Hi Freelanderuk, I have the exact same bike and am also thinking about converting it to drop bars. Would you mind sharing which parts you had to buy for the conversion, and are you still satisfied with how it rides now?

Top Bottom