Changing tastes in food

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I remember years ago hearing that your tastes change and that food you dislike can become something you like. I'd always thought that was a right load of old bollox, but realised tonight that I was eating food I would not have not too many years ago.

That is all.
Salad with your kebab ?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
True story ... when I as a kid it was only the Italians (there were many 2nd gen Italians at my school) who ate pasta ... now it's gone global. Indian food too. And Thai. And Vietnamese. And Brits must account for the bulk of pesto consumption worldwide

Slick

Guru
I do remember struggling to finish my fish on a Friday, nothing to do with religion but more to do with all the boats coming home on a Friday and my old man calling in a few favours. Now I can't get enough of all sea food and eat fish 2 or 3 times a week.

Is it not just natural developing tastes?

ozboz

Guru
I coulnt stand stews , onions or garden peas as a kid , that changed when I joined the Army , through my late teens untill late 50's i could eat curries and chinese for fun , I cannot do with them now but do like my GF's stirfry , she doesnt put any flavourings in them ,such as Plum and Black Bean sauces ,

Drago

Legendary Member
It's impossible to tell where the kebab ends and my Y fronts start.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don't be fckng ridiculous
I thought doner always came with salad?
I always thought it was necessary to give a bit of colour to your vomit.
Doyum-Berlin-Best-Doner-.jpg

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
I like anything but blue cheese and avacado..saying that I don't mind guacamole.
My kids will eat anything,blue cheese,olives,veg even ! Persevered when they were younger with foods.

Top Bottom