Changing tastes in food

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Used to like a bit of whisky as a teenager, now even the smell of it turns me inside out.

Slick

Guru
Used to like a bit of whisky as a teenager, now even the smell of it turns me inside out.
I'm the exact opposite, the smell used to turn my stomach but now I enjoy different types but can't take too much.

As an aside, I don't think that tastes the same to everyone. No way anyone can taste what I taste with Laphroaig and say they like it. xx(

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My sister used to hate olives, but then at age 38 she suddenly loved them.

I also dated a lady years ago who had been a vegetarian all her life, because she couldn't stand meat. One day out of the blue she was in the supermarket and fancied some cooked bacon pieces. She paid for them, then scoffed the whole packet in the car park and has eaten meat ever since.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Jimidh yes olives are the example I've heard before, so at first I eyed my young nieces with suspicion as they love olives already. Turns out they're lovely kids, I shouldn't have worried^_^

@Beebo sprouts are the work of the devil, and unless they've been bred so thoroughly they've transmogrified into something completely different, I'm never going near them again. #scarred.

As a student a large part of my diet was beans on toast. Now I'm all grown up and classy I have pesto on the toast instead of butter, and grated cheese and herbs on the beans, soooooo middle class.

Top Bottom