Charge Plug Sizing Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Just the spanner :thumbsup:
What are the Kenda tyres like? Any good?

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Just my luck. I'll give the rims and spokes a good check. And the tyre. Might swap them for the old 28mm Mara + I have lying around. Might as well add another kg or so :laugh:
Need to adjust the chain tension anyway, I think i have it a bit tight.

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Well that was the hardest tube change I've ever experienced. And in the comfort of my living room.

Puncture identified as a rip in the tube. Caused by poor join in the rim having a sharp edge (which I sanded down). That was the easy bit.

I've never had so much difficulty getting a tube and tyre back on in my life. And that includes being eaten by midges while changing a tube in the wet on the Trossachs Ton last year.

Just can't seem to get the tube in without it pinching. OK it's the 3rd life for the tube I'm using but should that matter? I finally got it in and pumped it up to 100 (tyre limit is 110) and there is an ever so slight bulge not far from the valve. Aaaaagggggghhhh! I've let out a little and will leave it til morning.

Thankfully I'm not commuting until Tuesday. If I can't get it on clean tomorrow first go I'll be trying a different tyre to see if that helps.

Well that was the hardest tube change I've ever experienced. And in the comfort of my living room.

Puncture identified as a rip in the tube. Caused by poor join in the rim having a sharp edge (which I sanded down). That was the easy bit.

I've never had so much difficulty getting a tube and tyre back on in my life. And that includes being eaten by midges while changing a tube in the wet on the Trossachs Ton last year.

Just can't seem to get the tube in without it pinching. OK it's the 3rd life for the tube I'm using but should that matter? I finally got it in and pumped it up to 100 (tyre limit is 110) and there is an ever so slight bulge not far from the valve. Aaaaagggggghhhh! I've let out a little and will leave it til morning.

Thankfully I'm not commuting until Tuesday. If I can't get it on clean tomorrow first go I'll be trying a different tyre to see if that helps.
I'm dreading having to take my tyres off now!

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
I'm dreading having to take my tyres off now!

I can feel vibrations in the hub when I rotate the wheel and hold it by the axel. I think I might just take the thing back and get a refund before I start spending any time and money on it.

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Not the only issue I'm afraid. I never mentioned the fact that there are small cuts in the bar tape, apparently caused in transit by the cable ties. Could have lived with them especially as I was planning to replace the bars. Also the front wheel rim is badly scuffed near the valve, which would mangle brake pads.
New bar tape and a new wheel was promised and I was happy with that before this latest issue.

Perhaps I've been unlucky but the phrase 'buy cheap, buy twice' springs to mind.

It's going back. And I'm back to the drawing board for a fixed.

Not the only issue I'm afraid. I never mentioned the fact that there are small cuts in the bar tape, apparently caused in transit by the cable ties. Could have lived with them especially as I was planning to replace the bars. Also the front wheel rim is badly scuffed near the valve, which would mangle brake pads.
New bar tape and a new wheel was promised and I was happy with that before this latest issue.

Perhaps I've been unlucky but the phrase 'buy cheap, buy twice' springs to mind.

It's going back. And I'm back to the drawing board for a fixed.
Definitely take it back then, before buying mine I spoke to few others that gave the same review as I would a weighty beast but fun; so maybe you have been unlucky but it sounds like things are mounting up :sad: I must admit I bought mine originally with every intention of 'buy cheap buy twice', it was just a stop gap to get me to work while my finances were low and get a bit of training in but at just under 500miles I'm actually enjoying mine and it'll be a longer term thing.
One which caught my eye, when I was looking is the Ed Co Op one, is it any good to you, its not all steel though, just the forks which means it weighs in lighter. They also do a cheaper flat bar version but I was after drops.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've owned the EBC Co-Op Revolution Track '10 and still own a Charge Plug. The Plug is the better of the two. The EBC '12 has a slightly higher spec than my '10 did though.

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
The EBC Track looks good, pity it's not steel.
So the Plug is back in the running. But I'm looking around for other options in the £400 bracket.
There was a nice On-One posted on another thread but it's no longer available. The search continues...

Top Bottom