Charity Sportive for Atrial Fibrillation Association

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nitramkroy

Hi everyone

Just wanted to tell people about a sportive I am organising. Details are below along with some information about the charity.

Event title: Atrial Fibrillation Sportive
Event date: 18th March 2012 9am
Event location: Malton, North Yorkshire
Event organiser: Martin Harman email: martharman@hotmail.com
Your relationship: Patient of charity and fundraiser
Cost of entry: £25
Minimum sponsorship: None required
Beneficiary: Atrial Fibrillation Association www.afa.org.uk
Event link: http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/ev...ation-Charity-Sportive---North-Yorkshire-2012

I am amateur triathlete that suffers with a heart arrythmia known as Atrial Fibrillation. I am organising this ride in support of this charity. You can read more about me and my story at: http://triwithrhythm.blogspot.com/
and the ride details are below.

A scenic yet challenging 60 mile ride taking in the beautiful Howardian Hills, Castle Howard Estate and North Yorkshire Moors National Park. Starting and finishing at Malton, the route makes a steady ascent up onto the Yorkshire Moors with the trip back home being rudely interupted by the infamous climb of Rosedale Chimney Bank, which is then rewarded by a long and exhilarating descent back down into the Vale of York.

A charity sportive in aid of Atrial Fibrillation Association. The Atrial Fibrillation Association (AFA) is a UK registered charity which focuses on raising awareness of Atrial Fibrillation (AF) by providing information and support materials for patients and medical professionals involved in detecting, diagnosing and managing Atrial Fibrillation.
AFA works closely with medical professionals, Department of Health, government, NHS Trusts, PCTs, patients, carers, patient support group members and allied groups.
All information booklets published by AFA have been approved by an AF medical panel and endorsed by the Department of Health. The booklets currently available include titles on: Cardioversion of AF, Drug Treatments for AF, Blood Thinning for AF, two Checklists and an AF Patient Information booklet.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to see you all on the start line!

Top Bottom