Chase Cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucers

Guru
Can anyone help with information regarding Chase Cycles. I have picked up a ladies mixte frame bike with the only stickering being Chase Cycles with what I assume to be their logo. No indication of any other stickers having been present, not even frame details (which I assume to be steel). It has Altus gearing and triggers, weinnman brakes, bluemells mudguards and although not clear in pic some relatively fancy lugwork.

Can't do pics on here for some reason so see here.... http://min.us/m6SiltSHC5QAi

Any help and info from you guys and gals would be appreciated.

ASC1951

Guru
I reckon Chase Cycles was probably the shop, not the bike builder, and there will have been several shops with that name over the years, especially in the West Midlands. My first full sized bike had Weinmann brakes the same as yours, 27.25" wheels and a Huret derailleur (which that Altus is a copy of) and my next door neighbour gave it to me in <cough> 1966, so I reckon your bike is 60s to mid 70s. The shape of the front forks says early 60s to me.

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru
The Altus gear looks original to me (although only with the eye of enthusiastic amateur)! The lugs are in really good condition. I'll do some closer pictures of the lugs and the forks.

U

User42423

Can anyone help with information regarding Chase Cycles. I have picked up a ladies mixte frame bike with the only stickering being Chase Cycles with what I assume to be their logo. No indication of any other stickers having been present, not even frame details (which I assume to be steel). It has Altus gearing and triggers, weinnman brakes, bluemells mudguards and although not clear in pic some relatively fancy lugwork.

Can't do pics on here for some reason so see here.... http://min.us/m6SiltSHC5QAi

Any help and info from you guys and gals would be appreciated.

Hi Brucers. The only Chase Cycles I'm aware of stopped building cycles in 1920s.

Top Bottom