Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond Chat for CC Ecosse Islay Cycle Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Vision of Rasmus aquaplaning the bike, using a tent as sail, frying pan dangling from handlebars ...

Took two visits to get all six stitches out tonight... :sad: The nurse at the GP surgery said she had taken out four but couldn't remove the last two stitches as they couldn't be seen clearly then I got home and looked in the mirror and the tails were plainly visible to the naked eye. The surgery was already shut so I had to go to the minor injuries unit at the Vale; they easily removed the three remaining stitches and couldn't quite believe how the surgery had missed them! My face is a little lop-sided as there is still some swelling on that side but that should hopefully subside soon :smile:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Took two visits to get all six stitches out tonight... :sad: The nurse at the GP surgery said she had taken out four but couldn't remove the last two stitches as they couldn't be seen clearly then I got home and looked in the mirror and the tails were plainly visible to the naked eye. The surgery was already shut so I had to go to the minor injuries unit at the Vale; they easily removed the three remaining stitches and couldn't quite believe how the surgery had missed them! My face is a little lop-sided as there is still some swelling on that side but that should hopefully subside soon :smile:

Karen says did the nurse have a white stick?!? Apparently it's harder with men as they have stubble (excuses), I'm now getting chapter and verse on stitching...

Glad you're on the mend Rosco :thumbsup:

Karen says did the nurse have a white stick?!? Apparently it's harder with men as they have stubble (excuses), I'm now getting chapter and verse on stitching...

Glad you're on the mend Rosco :thumbsup:

Thanks Mark, the nurse who put the stitches in had left quite long tails on them because of the beard I had at the time I came off... I had trimmed the hair as much as I could with scissors, so I thought the stitches were as visible as possible and the second nurse seemed to agree. I did leave a little bit untrimmed as I didn't want to snip the stitches by mistake, but I'm not sure how the first nurse missed them as they looked fairly obvious to me when I got home. Just glad they're out now tbh, in contrast big :thumbsup: to the Vale minor injuries unit who couldn't have been more helpful, both times I had to attend.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Got the Kintyre ones years ago :thumbsup:, must look if I have the Islay one too ... was thinking about maps for this the other day (I :wub: :blush: maps ...)
When is your booking deadline again, @Fubar?

T

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Got the Kintyre ones years ago :thumbsup:, must look if I have the Islay one too ... was thinking about maps for this the other day (I :wub: :blush: maps ...)
When is your booking deadline again, @Fubar?

T

Well, there is no absolute deadline as such - wanted to give you and Dougie as much time as possible (he's a bit busy at the mo) without losing out on the bookings, when do you think you might have definite plans?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Should be as sure as I can be later this week ... sorry it's taken a little longer. Please do go ahead and book if you feel the risk is getting too big, it'll be easier to add a person or two (or possibly swap to a bigger room if needed) than getting the big booking in when the hostel is starting to fill up some more ...:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Should be as sure as I can be later this week ... sorry it's taken a little longer. Please do go ahead and book if you feel the risk is getting too big, it'll be easier to add a person or two (or possibly swap to a bigger room if needed) than getting the big booking in when the hostel is starting to fill up some more ...:thumbsup:

I think we should be ok until the end of January, the deadline helped focus minds and turning positive comments into definite interest - if you know later this week I'll message Dougie later as well and gauge where he's at. Wouldn't be the same without you both!

P.s. What I might do is make a provisional booking tomorrow via email based on us all going and I can confirm numbers once I pay the deposit.

Top Bottom