Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond Chat for CC Ecosse Islay Cycle Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
My mind is already thinking about the next one - how does Tobermory on Mull grab everyone...??? Nice looking SYHA in town:

tobermory-exterior.jpg

And there is a Mull Sportive - not suggesting we do it, just gives us an idea of cycling routes.

Thoughts...???

What's your proposal? Keep it relatively sane for us mere-mortals...
Not a fully fledged proposal but there's a ferry from Tobermory to Kilchoan on the Ardnamurchan peninsula. I've always wanted to visit the westernmost point on the British mainland. I've not looked into accommodation in any detail but there is a campsite.

The main issue with any tour of that area is that the Oban trains are notoriously cyclist-unfriendly. Reservations required, 3 bikes max usually.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
The main issue with any tour of that area is that the Oban trains are notoriously cyclist-unfriendly. Reservations required, 3 bikes max usually.

Hmmm, I did wonder about that - otherwise it looks fairly straightforward. I wonder how people get there for the Sportive??

I might start a new thread to bounce some ideas around, while it's still fresh in the mind.

Hmmm, I did wonder about that - otherwise it looks fairly straightforward. I wonder how people get there for the Sportive??

I might start a new thread to bounce some ideas around, while it's still fresh in the mind.
Do so and post a link to it, before le moderateur velocouchiste tells us to take it elsewhere :thumbsup:

We could do something similar to the Perth ride where the westies hired a guy with a van and took the train. Alternatively revisit Ardrossan/Brodick to Claonaig then instead of turning off at Kennacraig carry on up Argyll to Oban :evil:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Future CC Ecosse TOUR Suggestions HERE

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Not a fully fledged proposal but there's a ferry from Tobermory to Kilchoan on the Ardnamurchan peninsula. I've always wanted to visit the westernmost point on the British mainland. I've not looked into accommodation in any detail but there is a campsite.
Could we go tour places I can pronounce the names of? :smile: :laugh:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
This thread is probably the best place to say thank you to all of you who wrote such lovely tour reports, great to see the different perspectives, the usual banter and of course the photos and video :thumbsup:. I ALMOST felt as if I was there with you ... looks like there will be another CC Ecosse tour at some point :hyper:

T

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
This thread is probably the best place to say thank you to all of you who wrote such lovely tour reports, great to see the different perspectives, the usual banter and of course the photos and video :thumbsup:. I ALMOST felt as if I was there with you ... looks like there will be another CC Ecosse tour at some point :hyper:

T

You're :welcome:, and :thanks:

Top Bottom