Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond Chat for CC Ecosse Islay Cycle Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Ready to set off, see you in a few hours :smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm ready to head off, with a wee detour at the bike mechanic, discovered a wee something while I was doing my m check last night that needs checked.
See you all soon :hello:

As the intrepid group prepare to board the ferry to adventure and mystery, one cyclist in Dundee awakes from his slumber four hours later than he wanted to and thinks "hmm, tricky"

Have a great day's riding and hopefully see you before it gets dark :blush:

I'm on the ferry, but I've only got 4% phone battery left. I wont be there for 8 but I won't be far off it. See you soon! Could someone dm me a phone number I can call if mishaps occur on the road....

Brandane

Legendary Member
I'm on the ferry, but I've only got 4% phone battery left. I wont be there for 8 but I won't be far off it. See you soon! Could someone dm me a phone number I can call if mishaps occur on the road....
@Edwardoka , you must have got off the same ferry at Brodick that I was getting ON to return to Ardrossan.
Had a very pleasant afternoon on Arran with the Islay bound tourists. I took the easier route option and went anti clockwise to Lochranza with 5 others, while the masochistic 4 took the long way round. My return to Brodick via Machrie and the String Road was painful enough for my liking!
Left the Island feeling more than a little bit hacked off that I wasn't able to join them for the rest of the trip. Have a good weekend folks :thumbsup:.
PS. Looking forward to the photos taken by @Ellebells , especially those featuring @Pat "5mph" and a big amorous chap called Cooper at Lochranza!

The anti-clockwise team at the top of the big climb over to Lochranza:

CCIslaytripDay1001_zps4523a0e3.jpg

Last edited:

gersin008

Looks great

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
@Edwardoka , you must have got off the same ferry at Brodick that I was getting ON to return to Ardrossan.
Had a very pleasant afternoon on Arran with the Islay bound tourists. I took the easier route option and went anti clockwise to Lochranza with 5 others, while the masochistic 4 took the long way round. My return to Brodick via Machrie and the String Road was painful enough for my liking!
Left the Island feeling more than a little bit hacked off that I wasn't able to join them for the rest of the trip. Have a good weekend folks :thumbsup:.
PS. Looking forward to the photos taken by @Ellebells , especially those featuring @Pat "5mph" and a big amorous chap called Cooper at Lochranza!

The anti-clockwise team at the top of the big climb over to Lochranza:

CCIslaytripDay1001_zps4523a0e3.jpg

Scoosh doesn't look impressed, what up No. 2?

MikeW-71

Veteran
I'm back home safe and well.

Fantastic experience and I will definately be doing some more cycle touring :biggrin: My apologies for heading straight off after we got back to Ardrossan, my brain was fried from our early start and not enough sleep and that Red Bull in the car was calling loudly. It was great to meet you all, some for the first time (hopefully of many) and lets get another ride going soon :thumbsup:

:bicycle:

Sorry to have missed you, I think I was the second or third person off the ferry :hello:
A true shame you couldn't stay longer as it was excellent - it certainly seems that we both missed interesting parts (there doesn't appear to be a Cooper emoticon so I guess :cycle: will do until the photos have been uploaded)

A fantastic time was had, with great people in stunning environs, thank you very much to @Fubar for arranging it!

I'll post the rest of my thoughts (and photos) after I've caught up on some much needed sleep!

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Back home too, tired but very happy all went well and everyone enjoyed themselves (or at least seemed to!). Sorry the weather wasn't better but that just makes us endurance cyclists!

Thanks for your enduring good humour everyone, and no one died! (You had to be there!)

Night all!

Top Bottom