Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond Chat for CC Ecosse Islay Cycle Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Thanks all, CCers are soooo kind :smile:

I'm fine, it was a really stupid thing to try so all my own fault - probably be a bit sore tomorrow!

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
I've had enough crashes and enough people derive pleasure from my misfortune to not do it to other people. Glad you and bike are ok, though.
Barring any more calamities I'll be in Decathlon tomorrow at 9am and if you ask nicely I'll pick up a couple of spare tubes :whistle:

Looks like Dougie has some so no need Ed - thanks for the offer though!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I'm aiming for getting to Waverley around 09:30, meet you and @DougieAB outside WH Smith??

What happened to meeting people 'under the clock'? :laugh:

Ticket purchased online - collect at funny wee machine tomorrow. :smile:
0945 train looks to be the one, though 1000 might do for the faster walkers/runners/cyclists ... maybe. :unsure:

Just remember to bring the card you used online and the ticket reference number to collect your ticket, otherwise it will remain inside the machine! ;)

Seriously, even walking from GQS to GC stations takes about 5 min (unless you are HJ, in which case you overshoot and take ages :rolleyes:)

Oh how I wish my problem was choosing what to pack. I am still in the office in Dundee, sans derailleur hanger because a one-person job was split three ways and went about as well as could be expected, muggins here is picking up the pieces and reworking the rework.

Does this kind of thing happen to anyone else or is it just me?
It's just me, isn't it?

Nope, not just you, if it's any consolation - I've just returned from my daytrip down south and am catching up on the banter :smile:, have now got enough work for 2 weeks that needs to be done by the end of next week :angry:... I kind of knew it would happen, hence my sitting on the fence about joining you for Friday evening, still gutted though :cry:.

And last but not least, hope you are not too sore from your wee off, @Fubar! :hugs:

Have a great time & remember to take photos and post about your adventures on here :hyper:!

T

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Have a great time & remember to take photos and post about your adventures on here :hyper:!
T
Wanna bet? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

There is no way I'm catching that ferry as I just got back.
To catch the ferry I'd need to be ready to leave in 3 hours, I've been up since 6am, badly need sleep, I've still got stuff to do before I can leave, then lots of travelling then packing then...

To cut a long story short, someone start a time-that-Ed-arrives-in-Lochranza-and-on-which-bike sweepstake and I'll buy the winner a pint.

Top Bottom