Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond Chat for CC Ecosse Islay Cycle Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ticket purchased online - collect at funny wee machine tomorrow. :smile:

:heat:

0945 train looks to be the one, though 1000 might do for the faster walkers/runners/cyclists ... maybe. :unsure:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Ticket purchased online - collect at funny wee machine tomorrow. :smile:

:heat:

0945 train looks to be the one, though 1000 might do for the faster walkers/runners/cyclists ... maybe. :unsure:

We should make the 09:45, giving us a leisurely walk to GC - all being well...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
@Fubar - Am I right in saying that, having bought my return ticket to Brodick, the only other money I will need is £10-ish for the Lochranza/Cloanaig return and £13-ish for Cloanaig/Kenna/port Askaig ... so all the rest is :hungry:/:cheers:/:rose: money ?

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
@Fubar - Am I right in saying that, having bought my return ticket to Brodick, the only other money I will need is £10-ish for the Lochranza/Cloanaig return and £13-ish for Cloanaig/Kenna/port Askaig ... so all the rest is :hungry:/:cheers:/:rose: money ?

Sounds about right - who you giving roses to???

heather68

ticket bought from stirling to brodick today x just packing to finish cant decide on cycling clobber looking cool wet and windy for weekend x

MikeW-71

Veteran
I've tried to cover the bases with cycling wear. I'll likely be in shorts and short sleeves on friday :biggrin: Then I have a long-sleeved and long-legged base layer to use on saturday as it's likely to be colder and wetter. I'll have a waterproof top and shoe covers and a windproof gilet if it's not raining, but a bit chilly.

Hopefully that'll do it.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Without reading all 32 pages again, can someone tell me what ferry you are catching from Ardrossan, is it the 1230?
It's just that I might join you for day 1, since it looks like being dry, but I need to get back to the mainland on Friday night as it's going to pish down the rest of the weekend I have prior arrangements :whistle:, including work on Monday. Maybe ride to Lochranza with you, then back to Brodick via the string road, or back via Sannox.

This is all down to my work situation being all change, yet again. I am back to working for an agency doing some HGV driving when I need the pennies. Since they've already had me working 33 hours in 3 days this week, I have awarded myself tomorrow off. As things have turned out, I could have gone on this trip after all, but I didn't know my last job was going to fold so soon (the shop lease ran out and wasn't renewed as trade was poor, so it was goodbye and thank you).

Top Bottom