Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond Chat for CC Ecosse Islay Cycle Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh how I wish my problem was choosing what to pack. I am still in the office in Dundee, sans derailleur hanger because a one-person job was split three ways and went about as well as could be expected, muggins here is picking up the pieces and reworking the rework.

Does this kind of thing happen to anyone else or is it just me?

It's just me, isn't it?

(@Fubar I can hear you silently judging me from here)

DougieAB

Getting the messages
@Fubar do you know if the links of the maps for days 3 and 4 are still available. Links I found for these two days were 'not found' on the website. Don't waste too much time on this, not really necessary, just nice to have.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Oh how I wish my problem was choosing what to pack. I am still in the office in Dundee, sans derailleur hanger because a one-person job was split three ways and went about as well as could be expected, muggins here is picking up the pieces and reworking the rework.

Does this kind of thing happen to anyone else or is it just me?

It's just me, isn't it?

(@Fubar I can hear you silently judging me from here)

As punishment for my earlier smugness I had an off on the way home tonight - really stupid, tried to bunny-hop onto a track at the side of the fence outside Dalmeny, hit the slippery kerb and down I went like a sack of spuds.

Elbow and ribs a bit sore, leg has some road rash but otherwise ok - and bike seems fine! Though just discovered I have no spare inner tubes - horrocks. I have a quick-fix tube but will see what bike shops are open in the morning.

Schadenfreude?!?

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
@Fubar do you know if the links of the maps for days 3 and 4 are still available. Links I found for these two days were 'not found' on the website. Don't waste too much time on this, not really necessary, just nice to have.

They should all be here, just checked and they are loading ok for me - there are some others there too.

As punishment for my earlier smugness I had an off on the way home tonight - really stupid, tried to bunny-hop onto a track at the side of the fence outside Dalmeny, hit the slippery kerb and down I went like a sack of spuds.

Elbow and ribs a bit sore, leg has some road rash but otherwise ok - and bike seems fine! Though just discovered I have no spare inner tubes - horrocks. I have a quick-fix tube but will see what bike shops are open in the morning.

Schadenfreude?!?

I've had enough crashes and enough people derive pleasure from my misfortune to not do it to other people. Glad you and bike are ok, though.
Barring any more calamities I'll be in Decathlon tomorrow at 9am and if you ask nicely I'll pick up a couple of spare tubes :whistle:

Brandane

Legendary Member
and bike seems fine!
Phew! That's the main thing ;). Hope you're ok tomorrow; sore ribs can take a while to make themselves known.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Oh poor @Fubar :hugs:
Inner 700x38 will do you? Got an extra one somewhere.
I've had enough crashes and enough people derive pleasure from my misfortune to not do it to other people. Glad you and bike are ok, though.
Barring any more calamities I'll be in Decathlon tomorrow at 9am and if you ask nicely I'll pick up a couple of spare tubes :whistle:

According to the tyre wall they are 700x32C, fitted with Marathon Shwable Plus - not sure if yours will fit Pat, if Decathlon have them that would be great Ed! From memory Edin Bike Co-op don't open until 9:30, I'll check on Sandy Wallace.

Top Bottom