Chat with a taxi driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
magnatom said:
Seriously though, Paul, as the others have said. Recent studies have apparently shown that cyclists on average earn more. Thus on average we pay more tax, and thus on average we pay more towards the roads.

The only difference is, that we don't wear them out (unless we collide with it ;))

:biggrin:

Article in The Times regarding cycling and income – is this what you are referring to magnatom??

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2500754.ece

worth reading the comments below the times article on income
–there’s one nutter on there who thinks, and I quote

“Cars kill hundreds, thousands of people? Actually, cycles, despite being so slow and amazingly light, kill comparable numbers of pedestrians per passenger mile as die in collisions with motor vehicles! Cars pollute the atmosphere and kill people? Actually, all the reports that blame health problems on "transport" and "traffic" are actually refering to buses and the power stations that fuel the trams and trains beloved of cyclists for longer journeys!” – never ceases to amaze me what some people post…

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I know it's a bit off topic, but since other people have mentioned their taxi drivers, I'll add mine.

Mercedes Taxi, Lisbon, from Avenida da Liberdad to Feira da Ladra.

I could only think of one word to describe it: "Ronin-like", and now know why people in Lisbon never stepped into a road without looking....... quite an experience.

Top Bottom