Chat Zone for The Big Big Trip Journal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SusyQ

Regular
Welcome to CC @SusyQ!
Was @HobbesOnTour your boss then? ^_^

Not fuelling the gossip. But I dusted off the 350 w(h)isk(e)ys (that were mentioned somewhere) on many occasions. And I also know that I was never in my LIFE gonna know more than basic knowledge about them all.

Also I made the way-too-milkey double-coffee-in-Guinness-mug a few hundred times. Glad you are finally drinking better coffee from more civilized cups now, @HobbesOnTour

But I agree with the "it's nice to have as an EX-job". Actively working 50+ hours a week in hospitality is not good for body, soul and everything in between.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Stop looking for gossip! ^_^
Not looking for gossip, I'm looking for what @Oldhippy says below ^_^
See now @HobbesOnTour we want to know the back story. 😁
Of course we want to know about @HobbesOnTour background: we are Cycle Chat members, always exploring :laugh:
I'm actually a member pioneer too: I'll let you Google that one ^_^
To quote Steve Earle.....
It's long, it's sad and it suits me ;)
Tell us it ...?
Try keeping your posts in chronological order this time ... :tongue::laugh::smooch:

Pat "5mph"

Actively working 50+ hours a week in hospitality is not good for body, soul and everything in between.
Oh yes, more like 60+ for me.
I would probably still be doing this, had Covid not made me redundant from the hospitality trade.
During lockdown, I discovered what having a life means.
Love my newfound "don't give a hoot about work" attitude :laugh:

I'm mortified!
I misquoted Steve.
It's long and sad and it fits me.

Try keeping your posts in chronological order this time ... :tongue::laugh::smooch:
I'm terribly sorry that my highway robbery was an incovenience to you :tongue:

July 26, 2014. My first Photo
IMG_3576.jpg

Not much of a backstory at all!

Not fuelling the gossip. But I dusted off the 350 w(h)isk(e)ys (that were mentioned somewhere) on many occasions. And I also know that I was never in my LIFE gonna know more than basic knowledge about them all.

Also I made the way-too-milkey double-coffee-in-Guinness-mug a few hundred times. Glad you are finally drinking better coffee from more civilized cups now, @HobbesOnTour

But I agree with the "it's nice to have as an EX-job". Actively working 50+ hours a week in hospitality is not good for body, soul and everything in between.

50 hours? That was a half week. Or a long weekend! ^_^

I would probably still be doing this, had Covid not made me redundant from the hospitality trade.
During lockdown, I discovered what having a life means.
Every cloud......

Pat "5mph"

Roccado looks so new in that picture.
Look at how shiny the panniers are!

Roccado looks so new in that picture.
Look at how shiny the panniers are!

OOOOps!! That's Rocco! He had had a service for that trip - feckin' bike shop deliberately delayed doing it hoping to sell me a new bike. He was far from young, though.
And yep! My brand spanking new panniers! I was so proud! ^_^

In my innocence I had all the wrong stuff! Half the volume (and a huge weight!) were books, one being the complete Grimm Brothers' Fairytales - in Hardback! ^_^

I can still remember reading it in a German forest. Bliss!

Couldn't fix a puncture, though ^_^

It's long.
But it's pretty spectacular.
I'm sure I've linked to these two before, but they have finally made it to "el fin del mundo".

They went at the "wrong" time - whatever that is - and don't seem to have suffered too much.
They missed a whole load of traffic.
They met friendly dogs! ^_^
And they have a drone - and know how to use it!
And all with a tent from Decathlon!

So if you want to see some of what I missed postponed....

View: https://youtu.be/vXVKUByo5f0

Top Bottom