Chat Zone for The Big Big Trip Journal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SusyQ

Regular
You need to work on the casting for this movie. There's no way in h*ck we, your loyal fans, wil recognise you when portrayed by a darkhaired 30-year-old hipster. :biggrin:

FrothNinja

Veteran
I've made it to the 12th Dec 2020 & notice there has been a replacement Hobbes for many pages but, though I remember how you lost him, I can't recall how the new one joined you

I've made it to the 12th Dec 2020 & notice there has been a replacement Hobbes for many pages but, though I remember how you lost him, I can't recall how the new one joined you

December 2020 would be the era of Mazi, native of Mazatlan. There's no terribly romantic story to Mazi joining up, other than I set off to buy a tiger and México isn't short of cuddly toys. In my innocence at the time I wasn't aware that real, live, walking and talking tigers were also an option! ^_^

Good to see someone slowly progressing through the trip. I really enjoyed sitting down and working my way through it on a screen bigger than my phone.

I have no idea ^_^ A dedicated little chap, he was, though!
IMG_20210521_122746.jpg

And this was one of the beasties under the bed!
IMG_20210521_214848.jpg

Just crossed the border into Guatemala with you.
Hoping you will be visiting some pre-Colombian sites there too...

Ah, Guatemala! The land of magic and mystery. And adventure! ^_^

You may like to check out this video, a different route, a different perspective (they have a drone!) but some wonderful shots and a good indication of the climbing involved in biking in Guatemala ^_^

View: https://youtu.be/gKFTPWQmmkg?si=HlNfqR9c91BIAjJB

And there's this photo, featured twice in the Travelogue because I love it so much!
So many warnings had been bouncing around in my head about the dangers in the border areas post Covid and I was leaving México where I had felt so comfortable for so long, this view just settled everything in my head.

IMG_20210618_114409.jpg

No pre-Colombian sites, unfortunately, but lots of other interesting events ^_^

Top Bottom