Chavs on Mopeds - rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I had a run in last year with a moped - luckily for him I was on a heavy MTB. I told him to shift as he pulled out into my path, then I got a load of abuse back - had I hit him, I'd be in bother - 12.5 stone fit 39 year old vs a 9 stone boney 'youf'........

Had I been on the road bike, I'd have just accelerated past him, shouted 'get a better bike' and left him for dust.......that's the way to deal with them....

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Oh my, I hate that particular kind of 'ped rider!

When I'm in my car, they give me a heart-attack by pulling the craziest moves you could ever think of ... ;)

When I'm on my pushbike they think it's "funny" to buzz past me deliberately really close ... :ohmy:

When I'm on my motorbike, they go right to the front of the queue of traffic - and deliberately cut in front of me (i.e. crossing the white stop line) so that when the lights change so I have to follow in first gear behind their damn silly 50cc hairdrier with my 650cc V-Twin barely ticking over ... :thumbsup:

Oh, and why in the name of all things holy do they have to put race cans on their 50cc mopeds???

Oh, and in response to the fuel-cut out thing ... it's called a Killswitch, its red, and it's on the top of the right-hand handlebar, to the left of the rider's hand - that's the one to hit! :biggrin:

Jim_Noir

We don't really have neds on mopeds up here, however I holiday in Whitby and that seems to be the ned choice of transport and in genral making a pest of themselfs with them. Saying that there are a couple of kids, around 13 years old, that have moto-cross bike near here. The ride it oer a main road and on to a old railway line. They don't bother anyone, but I am surprised the police havn't stopped them using it on the road.

The brakes on mopeds are on the bars like on a cycle. Hypothetically, you could have grabbed a handful of back brake to stop him in his tracks if you wanted to discuss it further :biggrin: - watch out for the crash helmet though.

Please don't tar all m/cyclists with the actions of a 17 year old scooter rider on L plates though :biggrin:.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
very-near said:
The brakes on mopeds are on the bars like on a cycle. Hypothetically, you could have grabbed a handful of back brake to stop him in his tracks if you wanted to discuss it further :biggrin: - watch out for the crash helmet though.

Please don't tar all m/cyclists with the actions of a 17 year old scooter rider on L plates though :biggrin:.

I thought that was the bike you had Linf? Surely you dont have a proper motorbike.
This not your bike?
2041202_2_l.jpg

Joe24 said:
I thought that was the bike you had Linf? Surely you dont have a proper motorbike.
This not your bike?
2041202_2_l.jpg

Everyone has to start somewhere Joe :ohmy:

I could imagine that is a lot of fun :biggrin:

My own bike (Kawasaki ZX6R) was written off a couple of months ago when someone did a U/turn in front of my friend, so for the time being, I am using his bike as he cannot ride for the time being. It is a very nice bit of kit and has really grown on me. I am now wondering if I should get another 600 or go up to a 750 or 1000.

GSXR1000K6.jpg

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
very-near said:
Everyone has to start somewhere Joe :blush:

I could imagine that is a lot of fun :smile:

My own bike (Kawasaki ZX6R) was written off a couple of months ago when someone did a U/turn in front of my friend, so for the time being, I am using his bike as he cannot ride for the time being. It is a very nice bit of kit and has really grown on me. I am now wondering if I should get another 600 or go up to a 750 or 1000.

GSXR1000K6.jpg
One of the fellas at work rides a lime green ZX I think... but then I know nothing of motorbikes.:biggrin:

downfader said:
One of the fellas at work rides a lime green ZX I think... but then I know nothing of motorbikes.:biggrin:

Mine was a red one - everyone knows that red is the fastest colour (owners joke, on the kawasaki racing green colours)

TBH, nowadays, whatever you choose, if the machine is in the particular CC bracket and of simiar years of manufacture, there is very little difference in the manufacturers. You just choose the one you like the look of best and off you go.

Most riders are not able to reach the limits of the bikes anyway unless they have spent some time on the track.

J4CKO

A mate got pestered and slapped by two lads on mopeds in Greece, riding past slapping the back of his head, they hadnt noticed the rest of us so when they saw us they made off but hadnt anticipate us having a fair sprinter with us who went off after them got one by the scruff, dragged him off, they were only sixteen or so and this lad was fairly formidable so he scarpered and we had a moped to play with whilst he watched from a distance :blush:

We didnt wreck it, but it looked a little careworn once we had all had a go.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
very-near said:
Mine was a red one - everyone knows that red is the fastest colour (owners joke, on the kawasaki racing green colours)

TBH, nowadays, whatever you choose, if the machine is in the particular CC bracket and of simiar years of manufacture, there is very little difference in the manufacturers. You just choose the one you like the look of best and off you go.

Most riders are not able to reach the limits of the bikes anyway unless they have spent some time on the track.

Kawasaki Ninja. Just had a gander today as it was parked up right next to the cycle parking...

...someone will prolly tell me thats a moped now. :biggrin:

Top Bottom