Chavs playing music on their mobiles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
OK, so I finally got fed up with it today... I take bus to work each day, and, though you tend to get a politer and less violent species of chav (aka "charva" up here) in the north-east, their bloody music on mobile phones really annoys me... why would the whole bus want to listen to it? :biggrin:
Anyway, when it started up this morning, rather than my usual polite request to turn it off, I responded by playing "Riverboat Song" from Ocean Colour Scene on my phone, at top volume. :biggrin: Bemused faces from assembled tracksuited ne'erdowells, trying to work out where the music's coming from. They turned theirs off, I let mine come to end of song, turned it off, and had a nice quiet journey from there on! :smile:

domtyler

Über Member
You anti social basket! :biggrin:

walker

haha, these idiots make me laugh, why they want to listen to music on the poorest sound system in the world is beyond me.

is it a social status thing 'hey look at me, My phone plays music' sort of thing, well hey, so does my 5 year old cousin's phone, and my nan's.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I would have chosen "A King at Night" (Bonnie Prince Billy) or the more mainstream "My Descent into Madness" (Eels) myself....

Danny

Legendary Member
walker said:
...why they want to listen to music on the poorest sound system in the world is beyond me.
Absolutely - at least old fashioned ghetto blasters made a decent sound.

I travel on a lot of long train journeys and have found that increasing numbers of young people seem to think it is acceptable to play tunes out loud on their mobiles, but also to bring portable DVD players and broadcast whole movies through the speakers. When I recently suggested to two student types that they use headphones to listen instead of annoying the whole carriage, they clearly thought this was the most increasonable request ever made. It was only when several people nearby thanked me for asking them to cool the sounds that they reluctantly got out their headphones.

yenrod

Ive ALWAYS wanted to take a BEEG sound system on the bus and blast some music out - id like to see the reaction then....

Though can you imagine the drivers/passengers reaction if you started hooking the bus up with surround sound....

Inconsiderate w@nkers.

I once was witness to excellent justice to mobile phone chavs.

There were two young chavs of about 13yrs on the train, listening to some aweful garage on their phone. They were repeatedly asked to turn it off by various commutes they, whom they rebuked with threats and swearing. A guy gets on at the next station and sits next to me, notices the screetching and kneels up on the seat to ask the kids to turn it off.

They were feeling pretty brave by now, and spat in his face. I have never seen an can of whup-ass opened like this before.

He turned out to be an RMP of some description, and geve these two guys such a dressing down that one of them started crying and the other looked like he was about to.

When he ran out of puff the enite carriage cheered and laughed at the yoofs, and at the next station he turfed them off the train.

catwoman

I have to travel by public transport one day each week and have sometimes come across this phenomenon. Highly irritating but I'm afraid most of the perpetrators look pretty scary and are in a group so there's no way I would take them on. I tend to have my i-pod on anyway.
BTW I have good earphones for the i-pod. Bose speakers :sad: and you can't hear any of the irritating tinny treble sounds from them when in use. I find that incredibly annoying. :biggrin: I was on a train the other day and a man sitting near me had some very poor quality earphones in and I could hear his noise in the gaps to my soundtrack. What was he doing to his hearing?

Top Bottom