Cheam and Morden Hilly 50 September 12th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
mike e said:
Still not a definate for this ride, but if I can make it I'll be on the fixed. We have a saying at work up here "what's the worse that can happen?" and where yet to find out, but it's bound to happen sooner or later....
Two of the hills are tougher than Ditchling. One I've never been able to ride up.

mistral

Guru
dellzeqq said:
Two of the hills are tougher than Ditchling. One I've never been able to ride up.

There you go Mike, I've heard you like a challenge ...

iLB

Hello there
MacB said:
is that a weird way of confessing that you're an old man trying to ride a young mans bike?

or is he admitting i have better gearing on my bike? :sad:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
MacB said:
same here, but I'll probably be looking for some decent hills on the way home:ohmy:

Ooooh, I might be able to make this. I'll try the usual admixture of flattery, lies and rohypnol on the Doris and see if she issues the necessary paperwork.

MacB - If you're bonj-level serious about riding from home, I could get the train to F'boro Main and keep you company on the way there?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Bollo said:
Ooooh, I might be able to make this. I'll try the usual admixture of flattery, lies and rohypnol on the Doris and see if she issues the necessary paperwork.

MacB - If you're bonj-level serious about riding from home, I could get the train to F'boro Main and keep you company on the way there?

Most assuredly, it's only about 15 miles from here, though I do need to pin down where the start is, will work out route tomorrow. Farnborough Main or Fleet stations are both about same distance to my place. Be good if you make it:biggrin:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Back now.

Train to Fleet that gets in 7:54am. Warm the legs getting to Chateaux Bludgeon - 15 minutes - does this work for you? I would have made the ride there from home for a day out, but my knees are still at the menders.

I'll PM you with my email address. Send me the route from your place and I'll download it to the Garmin <sense of foreboding>so we don't have to worry about getting lost</>

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Bollo, just looking at route now and it's further than I thought, I'm still riding it but brings timings into question:-

From Fleet Station it's 29 miles
From my house 26.3 miles
From Farnborough Main 24 miles

If you get the 0724 from Winchester then I'd suggest you get off at Farnborough Main, I'll meet you there, should be 0758, and we should be able to press straight on to start of ride. If you want breakfast at my place then you need an earlier train. Alternatively we can stop at mine on way home and then I'll ferry you down to Fleet station afterwards.

So, assuming we go with the 0758 meet at Farnborough Main then I've sent you the route by e-mail. I just used google maps with the walking option selected.

Top Bottom