cheap action camera recommendations please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baby-boop-boops

I dont want to spend a lot no more than £50 if possible, but I would like an action camera for my handle bars. Do any of you have anything to recommend me. I'm currently looking on amazon. I'd probably need to have a good 3hrs worth of battery time.

si_c

Guru
The cheaper action cameras don't have image stabilisation, unfortunately this means that whatever you record will be a bit of a shaky mess.

That being said, I used a SJCAM SJ4000 for a few years as a camera when commuting, but to be honest I stopped using it after a short while as the need to constantly recharge it got irritating. It's now been repurposed as a dashcam with a static power feed, for which it is much better suited.

OP
OP
B

baby-boop-boops

The cheaper action cameras don't have image stabilisation, unfortunately this means that whatever you record will be a bit of a shaky mess.

That being said, I used a SJCAM SJ4000 for a few years as a camera when commuting, but to be honest I stopped using it after a short while as the need to constantly recharge it got irritating. It's now been repurposed as a dashcam with a static power feed, for which it is much better suited.

:rolleyes: sounds like a bit of a pain. Thanks.

vickster

Legendary Member
Second hand Go-Pro (no idea what they cost though!)?

The Chilli-Cams seem to fare ok in feedback considering their lowish cost

numbnuts

Legendary Member
The SJCAM SJ4000 is a good camera and will show up number plates ect, but make sure it is a genuine one as there are so many copy's. The battery life is not too good I use a powerpack on my two gives me well over 10 hours +

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I can recommend a chilli-tech bullet cam. Excellent battery life and video quality.

Interesting, I used to hear good reports of those but a friend is on his second replacement camera and it is borked, plus the company are not responding to his emails about the warranty.

Techalogic seem to do good kit.

https://techalogic.co.uk/product-category/cycling/

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Veho-Muvi-...3506c8c6805010&utm_source=aw&utm_medium=78888 looks like a good bet & closer to the OP's budget, if you can live with the short battery life/get spare batteries.

I can recommend a chilli-tech bullet cam. Excellent battery life and video quality.

I've put a chilli bullet camera on. My rides are 5 hours or so at the weekend so you can get a spare battery and put that in if you need to. It's already been used by the police for some crappy driving.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I've got a Chilli cam with spare battery and 16Gb Samsung memory card. I tried it a couple of times and was quite impressed. It was a bit of a five minute wonder for me and so it went back in the box. If the OP is interested ?

Mike_P

Guru
Aldi or Lidl when they have them in even if possibly a few £ more than eBay etc you get a three year guarantee. The clip on the case (the case being less than £10 on AliExpress) broke so asked for a replacement under warrenty and got a complete second set free!

Top Bottom