Cheap base layer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisc

Guru
Also try the Tog24 Orca zip neck long sleeve base layer. Reduced from £35 to £10. Damn good shirt.
http://www.estore.tog24.com/Clearance/ORCA ZIP NECK.html

Norm

I think the best way to get a cheap base layer is not to look for a base layer but to look for a "vest". :biggrin:

Chrisc

Guru
manalog said:
Im thinking of ordering a couple, what are they like Garz?

I like mine, zip can be a bit tricky but it's the same material as a paramo walking shirt I bought a few years back for £30. Just about to nip into town and see if there are any left in the shop. Can always use another.

manalog

Über Member
Chrisc said:
I like mine, zip can be a bit tricky but it's the same material as a paramo walking shirt I bought a few years back for £30. Just about to nip into town and see if there are any left in the shop. Can always use another.
Thanks ChrisC, Sounds good to me,I ordered 2 :blush:

Garz

Squat Member
manalog said:
Im thinking of ordering a couple, what are they like Garz?

Sorry I wont be able to comment as my bank card got blocked. Shall ring them tomorrow and see if it will come through.

KevinG

Maz said:
I'm very interested.
Is this designed to be close-fitting base layer to help the wicking process?

Sure looks that way

"This layer quickly transports moisture away from the body to the mid layer keeping you dry and comfortable"

I also use Umbro 37 degree base layers which perform quite well and can be picked up reasonably cheaply at Sports Direct.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
A good place to look for thermals and base layers is on websites that sell clothing for the construction industry - you can get no-name brands which are functional, hard-wearing and cheap. There's an online shop called "cosalt" which I have used before.

Chrisc

Guru
Maz said:
I'm very interested.
Is this designed to be close-fitting base layer to help the wicking process?
Yep, I have two now. A large which is snug but not tight and a medium which is snug snug. Works very well to get moisture away from the skin.

manalog

Über Member
Chrisc said:
Yep, I have two now. A large which is snug but not tight and a medium which is snug snug. Works very well to get moisture away from the skin.

Thanks for the update ChrisC. Are they good quality?

Top Bottom