cheap bike computer for use on turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DLB

Hi folks

Having recently recovered from a nasty viral infection :biggrin: , i'm hoping to give my bike some serious time over the xmas hols to gain some fitness back. I could do with a cheap cycle computer that will work on the rear wheel for the turbo.

Any ideas where i can get one on a slim budget? Do the wired ones at Decathlon work on a rear wheel as i saw one in there a while ago for about £7??? Or does it have to be wireless.

My current computer will not work on the rear wheel.

Any help appreciated.

Merry Xmas

DLB

andygates

I sprung for a wired Cateye Strada Cadence (I'm superstitious about wireless speedos). Both sensors come off the back and the cadence function is really handy on a turbo.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
i used a very old computer that i had snapped the cable on. Just spliced it back together )with some extra cable in it)to give it some cable length so it reached the rear

Some very cheap computers about if you only want speed and distance

OP
OP
D

DLB

Steve Austin said:
Some very cheap computers about if you only want speed and distance

yeh, i'm not interested in cadence or anything like that. i've already got a HRM and so i'm just looking for speed, distance (so i can see how far i've gone on the turbo) and perhaps average speed.

will the wired ones reach the rear wheel??

col

Legendary Member
DLB said:
yeh, i'm not interested in cadence or anything like that. i've already got a HRM and so i'm just looking for speed, distance (so i can see how far i've gone on the turbo) and perhaps average speed.

will the wired ones reach the rear wheel??

Possibly,my wired one has what seems like loads of wire wrapped around break cables,so its sort of tidy,How about taking the measurement from where you want it,to the back where its going to be,and then just check the length of the wire?But if your shopping tinternet style,you cant do that.;)

Top Bottom