Cheap bike lights??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am looking for some bike lights that are very cheap!- but still pretty bright. I have been looking at some LED type ones on Ebay, and was wondering if anyone had tried similar ones that could recommend/discourage me in buying. These are them:-

Item number: 120255371556
rtCurve.gif
(21 LED)

Item number: 350054821292
rtCurve.gif
(53 LED)

or maybe:-

Item number: 350055139949
rtCurve.gif
9 LED , Aluminium. (could possibly fit 2)

with this at back:-

Item number: 170215202055

or, have you any other (cheap) recommendations??

Attachments

• rtCurve.gif
    rtCurve.gif
    64 bytes · Views: 24
  • rtCurve.gif
    rtCurve.gif
    64 bytes · Views: 28

xroads

Wilko £6 for front and rear pair with batts.

walker

what are those item numbers? where can they be found? do you have links?

best bet is to pop along to your LBS and get some there, its no point scrimping at some lights, as they can actually save your life. £30 is a reasonable price for some cheaper lights

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
rich p said:
A lot of people on here recommend the Smart 1/2 watt rear lights for a tenner or so.

these in fact

Seconded

And for the front I've used and like Electron Nano (£12-18) with which I can see pot holes on an unlit road when not cycling fast. If you really want to see along way ahead then it does get alot more expensive.

simonali

Guru
I have a Smart with a white body you can have for £6 inc P&P if you want it?

Looks like this

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
One key question: do you need your lights to *see*, or just to be seen? And one other thing to note: the weak point of cheap lights is the bracket/fixing. Just about any of them work *as lights* just fine; cheap ones, tho', may have to be reinforced (araldite) to physically stay attached.

Big T

Guru
The Smart Lead-Acid rechargeable can be had for under £30 and is plenty bright enough to see on unlit country roads. It's a bit on the heavy side but it'll do the job.

simonali

Guru
dantheman said:
would be very interested. As long as its in good condition, with the mounts etc (and im sure it is). how would you want payment?? (paypal at all?)

Yeah, it's new. I had a Smart one, bought the Planetbike one coz the flash is better and built one out of the 2. This one is just the (unused) bits that are left over!

As for payment, I'd rather a cheque, as I don't use Paypal that often and would incur fees for a small amount like that.

RedBike

Item number: 120255371556
rtCurve.gif
(21 LED)

Item number: 350054821292
rtCurve.gif
(53 LED)

or maybe:-

Item number: 350055139949
rtCurve.gif
9 LED

I certainly wouldn't want to use any of them on unlit roads. I would be looking for AT LEAST a 1watt led / 5w hallogen light.

Drivers never expect to come across cyclists on unlit roads so don't skimp on the rear light. I would recommend something like the Cateye LD-1100 /TL-LD600 or the smart megabright 1/2 watt.

Attachments

• rtCurve.gif
    rtCurve.gif
    64 bytes · Views: 26
  • rtCurve.gif
    rtCurve.gif
    64 bytes · Views: 29
Top Bottom