Cheap cycle helemets any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Not forgetting paying for the name of course!:thumbsup:
Which goes without saying for any purchase really?

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I read the title of this thread "helemet" and think I've come up with just what you need

image.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Make sure it fits and is comfortable. If you're just wearing it to fulfil the event requirements then I'd say these are the prime requirements. If it doesn't fit, it won't be comfortable, and will detract from your enjoyment of the event, and potentially could be a distraction. (Which it may do anyway if you're not used to wearing one). Try a load of different ones on. (one at a time, obviously) you may be surprised at how different the fit/feel of different ones can be.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I read the title of this thread "helemet" and think I've come up with just what you need

View attachment 73909

From the look on his face, he probably should have paid more attention to which saddle he was buying.

On the helmet side of things though, whatever's cheap, compliant to their standards and comfortable...like this one, for example...

Dark-Helmet.jpg

I think I'd better go and check mine...
No point looking at your helmet. Specialized helmets are mostly built to Snell standards, but you can't tell this by looking at them. The box (as I recall) says "Meets one or more of the following standards ..." and the sticker inside just refers two European standards.

Go here and see if your helmet is listed

Venod

Eh up
I thought some of you may like this, I could be wrong :unsure:

Not A Scratch.jpg

annirak

Veteran
I paid over £100 for my helmet but then if I hadn't been wearing a helmet Last January I wouldn't be typing this now.
Obviously I'm biased but just go with what you think is right and stay safe.
I also paid over £100 for mine. Likewise, if I hadn't been wearing a helmet last August, I doubt I would be here now. I flew head-first into the road at 18mph, and didn't even have a bruise on my head.

I'd look at a Catlike Tako. They go for about £25, but they're made with much of the same tech as the Whisper (saved my life), which goes for £80 and the Mixino, which goes for £130

Top Bottom