Cheap cycling glasses at Poundland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Hi to all. If your like me and money is tight Poundland are selling cycling glasses in various colour's ( for the trendy dudes amongst us ) for the legendary £1. There not bad either. I just got back from a 15 mile ride out sporting them and I'm really pleased with them.
I just thought I'd share this just incase anybody's looking for a cheap pair.
Johnny :-)

The thing I would check on any dark lensed glasses is whether they provide sufficient UV protection. If they don't, you'll be making your iris open nice and wide to let in those harmful rays. Not good at any price.

GC

Julia9054

Guru
The thing I would check on any dark lensed glasses is whether they provide sufficient UV protection. If they don't, you'll be making your iris open nice and wide to let in those harmful rays. Not good at any price.

GC
Saw an article on "trust me, I'm a doctor" on the telly comparing different price sunglasses for UV protection. They found that everything sold in this country from Poundland up met the British standard and were all good enough but concluded that you should beware of buying cheap glasses abroad/eBay in case they don't.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Saw an article on "trust me, I'm a doctor" on the telly comparing different price sunglasses for UV protection. They found that everything sold in this country from Poundland up met the British standard and were all good enough but concluded that you should beware of buying cheap glasses abroad/eBay in case they don't.

There was also a Which? test carried out across sunglasses from sources between Poundland and M&S which concluded that many failed the standard. That was several years ago though, so maybe the retailers have got their act together now.

The important thing is that people should be aware of the relevant standard (look for glasses carrying the “CE” Mark and British Standard BS EN ISO 12312-1:2013) and understand the risks of using glasses that don't meet that.

GC

Top Bottom