Cheap ebay elec bike conversion kits,any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello all,

I'm exploring the posibility of building up an electric bike for my wife to use whilst we are away camping or caravaning . We will only need to cover short distances 2 miles max at a time to a local pub for a couple of beers and a meal (at present I have to drive and cannot sample one or two local ales) the type I thought of have the motor built into the front wheel. She has damage to her leg after a motorcycle crash so cannot cycle too well ifthere are any hills involved. has anyone any experience with these ?

Cheers all,

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Hello all,

I'm exploring the posibility of building up an electric bike for my wife to use whilst we are away camping or caravaning . We will only need to cover short distances 2 miles max at a time to a local pub for a couple of beers and a meal (at present I have to drive and cannot sample one or two local ales) the type I thought of have the motor built into the front wheel. She has damage to her leg after a motorcycle crash so cannot cycle too well ifthere are any hills involved. has anyone any experience with these ?

Cheers all,

The cheap Chinese motors are pretty good, but they tend to be not very well built into a cheap wheel.

Not a big problem if you are handy with a spoke key.

A lot of kit problems come from wiring - the bit you do - so again no problems if you are competent with that.

Your proposed use is not very demanding, so any motor/battery/controller combination would do.

I don't know which cheap ebay kits you are thinking off, but BMS Battery is a reliable supplier which tends to only sell reasonable quality stuff.

https://bmsbattery.com/

Top Bottom