Cheap light(ish) tents !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

just jim

I think it is entirely possible to have a successful tour without using products from Hill berg or Terra Nova.

Some people will be trying out touring for the first time, maybe for a few days, not month long expeditions. What's the point of having an Akto sitting on top your wardrobe never used?

Try it out, make mistakes, learn, have fun, do it your way. It's the Bwitish way.

P.S If you did enjoy it, then buy an Akto if need be.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
just jim said:
I think it is entirely possible to have a successful tour without using products from Hill berg or Terra Nova.

Some people will be trying out touring for the first time, maybe for a few days, not month long expeditions. What's the point of having an Akto sitting on top your wardrobe never used?

Try it out, make mistakes, learn, have fun, do it your way. It's the Bwitish way.

P.S If you did enjoy it, then buy an Akto if need be.

Expensive tents are a great if you are certain that you are going to get the use out of them. My £15 Argos Tiger Paws tent was purchased with a LEJOG in mind and it has outlived my expectations of it and still gets used for a three or four days per year.

My main tents are Vangos that were given to me when a Duke of Edinburgh Awards scheme folded. They are not the lightest but weighing in at 22 stones I don't notice the odd kg here or there. I venture that most cyclists will not be that conscious of the extra kg in a non-diaphanous tent especially if the route isn't extremely hilly.

Cheap is good apart from the aweful single skin £15 quid Argos tent that was sold a couple of years ago. Apprently you'd never die of thirst owning one of those tents, licking the condensation off the flysheet slaked most thirsts and the ingress of dew dealt with the thirstier campers.

Cockney Scot

I agree that cheap doesnt have to mean inferior and expensive doesnt always mean quality. Go for the best tent which meets you needs and within your budget. Weight wiseI think if you keep it within reason for the terain and use yo will be encountering you should be OK.

pinkkaz

Veteran
vernon said:
Apprently you'd never die of thirst owning one of those tents, licking the condensation off the flysheet slaked most thirsts and the ingress of dew dealt with the thirstier campers.

gross!
:biggrin:

Top Bottom