Cheap Road Bike Mudguard (Not for the image conscious...)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thistler

Veteran
 I've been struggling to find mudguards that will fit my road bike - I have 700c x 25 tires and not enough clearance for raceblades or Tortec Razors...I had resigned myself to buying some of those Swan things or other ugly clip-on mudguard.

I was in Poundland and got two pairs of their cheap mudguards, thought at £1 they might be worth a try and my husband's mtn bike needed some too.... (The front one needed to be trimmed for the mtn bike, but the back one was fine.)

Haven't quite figured out yet how (or if) I can put the front one on my road bike, am thinking I'll cut it down quite a bit and strap it on the underside of the downtube... the back guard fit no problems.

Anyway, it isn't pretty but it keeps my bum dry and is easy to remove. Not as graceful as the Swan ones but well worth £1 to me. Yes, that is also a Poundland saddle bag and rear light - I was feeling flush that day!!!    :whistle:   I put a bit of clingfilm secured with a rubber band around the entire light fixture when it's raining, it's not let me down yet! 

mudguard1.jpg

mudguard2.jpg

nia573

That looks ideal to me - especially for a meagre £1!

Top Bottom