Replacement mudguards for road bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mazz

Hi, I'm looking for a replacement mudguard for my Specialized Allez commuting bike. The one I've got at the moment is a mk3 roadracer mudguard, but the velcro fasteners on the seat stays are getting looser and looser with age.

I would prefer to get a close-fitting mudguard with traditional wire arm support things. Any recommendations?
Thanks

OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

Update....feel free to ignore this question, there's tons of threads already on here asking same thing. Should've looked first.

OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

Actually, can someone answer this....
This threaded hole, can it be used for a mudguard? Thanks

IMG_20230624_174640.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I'll be honest I'm not a fan of this velcro system. Lost count of how many times I've had to stop mid-ride to reapply the velcro. It's clear they're not great if they sell replacement patch kits.

i would tend to agree tbh , i have mk 3 on my commuter and i ended up cable tying around them to the frame / forks to stop them coming off .I am on the look out for a replacement that fits , the issue being i have very dropped seat stay bridge so adding a gaurd that fits has proves problematic

OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

i would tend to agree tbh , i have mk 3 on my commuter and i ended up cable tying around them to the frame / forks to stop them coming off.

I think you've just saved me 30/40 quid 👍

Top Bottom