Cheaper car insurance for cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Oh what an irony considering the roadcraft displayed by some club riders.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
They can't spell "spatial".

It looks like a bit of a marketing gimmick - a small broker finding a niche market. They've probably done the same with other affiliate groups.

And I suspect that British Cycling and their official insurance associate will be a bit miffed.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I wonder whether CTC would count as a club, after all, the initials stand for Cyclists' Touring Club. The Fridays, with a nominal fee, might also count as a club. Of course, it would only be attractive if the cover were genuinely competitive.

Interesting, though, that cyclists are considered to be less of a risk behind the wheel. It doesn't surprise me but I've not seen any stats to back that up.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I wonder whether CTC would count as a club, after all, the initials stand for Cyclists' Touring Club. The Fridays, with a nominal fee, might also count as a club. Of course, it would only be attractive if the cover were genuinely competitive.

Interesting, though, that cyclists are considered to be less of a risk behind the wheel. It doesn't surprise me but I've not seen any stats to back that up.
I suspect the company behind the website haven't either.....

[edit]
Though I should acknowledge that in Ireland the sister company to the one I work for gives a discount for drivers with public transport season tickets, on the (sensible) grounds that they will drive less than people who commute to work every day in their car.

Top Bottom