Cheaper smartphones on the way?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Blue Hills
This is smart enough for me. Not even a camera, just phone calls and texts. Picks up a signal where my smartphones couldn't and the battery lasts forever.

View attachment 393328
What's that joe?

I can top that with my wondrous samsung E1200. No camera either and it doesn't even flip!

http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/mobile-devices/other-phones/others/GT-E1200ZKTINU/

So good i bought a second hand spare on ebay as it is now history and simple good phones are hard to get hold of. New batteries still available on ebay.

This thread taken a somewhat odd turn with a fair few folk singing the praises of "dumb" phones. :smile:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
What's that joe?

I can top that with my wondrous samsung E1200. No camera either and it doesn't even flip!

http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/mobile-devices/other-phones/others/GT-E1200ZKTINU/

So good i bought a second hand spare on ebay as it is now history and simple good phones are hard to get hold of. New batteries still available on ebay.

This thread taken a somewhat odd turn with a fair few folk singing the praises of "dumb" phones. :smile:
Nice phone.

I like flip phones because there is no danger of activating the buttons by mistake when they are crammed in a pocket. A lot of us still like dumb phones because we don't need or want internet when we are out and about. The signal is generally better than on a smartphone that is crammed with technology and having to charge a battery every night is a pain in the arse. iphones won't even last a day, so I understand.

classic33

Leg End Member
This is the best phone ever, and my current phone companion.

View attachment 393335

Last charged on Christmas day and it is still showing 3/4 bars of battery remaining. Gets a signal in space or at the bottom of a mineshaft. Can also be used to fight off muggers, or to prop open the door in warm weather.
R250s Pro.jpg

Got one of those, still got the plastic screen cover on.
View attachment 393329

This was the best phone ever. Life was less complicated back then. Now i stare into my (work) phone more than my childrens eyes

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Smartphone threads on CC are just like the alcohol ones (don't drink at all), TV program threads (don't own one), beef stew recipe threads (vegetarian)
Mm
Not exactly true nick, there's a massive ongoing thread on beer. I would maybe contribute if I wasn't so busy drinking the stuff.

Top Bottom