Cheapest sat nav (gpx) for a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harv

4 8 15 16 23 42
Help.

Looking for a Christmas gift for myself.

I'm not too worried about stats. I have Strava on my phone for that. Unfortunately the battery dies if I keep the screen on.

Looking for a cheap device that does turn by turn directions. I don't need detailed maps. Just want to know I'm going in the right direction.

Cheaper the better.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
An old Garmin Etrex from eBay!

D

Deleted member 26715

I have an 810 & TBH the sat nav is a waste of time, well for me anyway, it's too small & unclear of the routing. Maybe I should go to Specsavers but even still with bumpy roads I find it impossible to use on the move.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think they only enable you to follow a pre planned route created using software before you leave home. Is that what you want?

Or do you want something more akin to a car sat nav where on the fly you plug in a destination and it tells you how to get there using maps on the device?

An old garmin 705 will do that.

You could also just use your phone with a back up battery

What’s the budget?

vickster

Legendary Member
Should be ok, you only get a breadcrumb trail not streets

Stick a wanted ad in classifieds

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Etrex 10 or 20 would do it.
Or cheaper still if you're happy using the phone, would be an external battery and frame bag to carry it in.

OP
OP
Harv

Harv

4 8 15 16 23 42
Thanks. Like the idea of a phone battery but I'm guessing the cost of a mount plus the battery will work out the same price ?

vickster

Legendary Member
They can catch fire if you fall on it. Not to mention the cost if damaged that way. And sweat damage

OP
OP
Harv

Harv

4 8 15 16 23 42
I don't think any bike satnav gives spoken turn by turn directions. The garmins with maps beep when a turn is coming, and the ones without just provide you with a line, and you have to stick to it.

A beep is fine. I'm not a hardcore cyclist. Just looking to easily follow a route

Top Bottom