Cheapest way to post a frame ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I was going to ship a frame I've sold via work, but on Friday I came terrifyingly close to getting fired for posting on here during office hours (very close indeed) so I figure now is not the time to ask for a favour!

The Post Office always used to seem like an expensive option to post anything, so what other methods do you guys recommend for shipping a frame to friend?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I shipped an entire bike a few years back for under £10 using Parcel2Go!

I was going on holiday to Penzance and all the bike reservations on the train were taken when I booked my ticket so I posted the bike to the person we were going to stay with. It was collected the day before we travelled down and it arrived the morning after we got there.

I got a cardboard bike box from my LBS and cut and folded it down to the maximum size allowed by the courier. Once I had stripped the bike down, it just fitted. (58 cm frame.)

Remember to put those plastic spacers in the frame and fork dropouts to prevent crushing damage. Also, make sure the parcel is properly insured if the frame is valuable. (I think I checked that my home & contents insurance covered the bike in transit.)

compo

Veteran
[QUOTE 2428619, member: 45"]Can't you do a CC relay?[/quote]

We used to do those relays with motorcycle parts from a motorcycling group. It was sometimes amazing how far and quickly bits criss crossed the country.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[QUOTE 2428640, member: 45"]Really??[/quote]
Not sure, actually... perhaps I should check the thread... but it's been a while since I heard of them on here :smile:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've got one!!

Kins

Über Member
I use Parcel monkey which is usually City Link Courier for frames and whole bikes.

Small frames cost around £9.00 and large ones £10.25 inc vat. Whole bikes are £15 upto 60cm. If you are using a bike box then make sure you cut it down to the smallest possible size as it does save a few quid.

Top Bottom