Check in here if you're working over Christmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

defy-one

I'm on call until 9am Friday morning,so it will be a tea total Crimbo for me. Mustn't complain as it's the first year in 5 the rota has put me on over the holidays.
I can't be the only one "working" .... ?

What do you do for work? most people I know are off for Christmas...

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I am working xmas eve morning then on call 24hrs xmas day then lates boxing day, means I can't go to the outlaws on boxing day, shame.......:smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Systems Engineer for HP .... on call 24 x 7. The chances of being called in on Christmas Day are remote,but one does have to be on standby just in case :sad:

So HP will be the sauce of your Xmas blues?

getmecoat.gif

mattobrien

Guru
Does looking after the kids count? I have always found work much easier.

To be fair I will be trying to skive off child care duty and claim that the turkey needs close watching for its entire cooking period, taking up residence in the kitchen. You never know MiL might put her knitting down and actually help, it is Christmas after all...

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Does looking after the kids count? I have always found work much easier.

To be fair I will be trying to skive off child care duty and claim that the turkey needs close watching for its entire cooking period, taking up residence in the kitchen. You never know MiL might put her knitting down and actually help, it is Christmas after all...

The trick is to decide 'as a family' that the turkey needs to be cooked on the BBQ to free up the oven and reduce washing up. The BBQ does of course require constant attention, outside in the peace and quiet.

The father in law and I have gotten away with this wheeze for YEARS!

I work in a cafe; I'm off Christmas Day and New Years Day as well as Friday & Sunday which are my normal days. At the moment there is a possibility I'll be off Boxing Day but I don't know yet; I'm working on the assumption I'll be in work.

Top Bottom