Check in here if you're working over Christmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Today = Day-off (off out for run, or ride shortly)
Monday = 13:00 - 22:00
Tuesday = 06:00 - 15:00
Wednesday = Day-Off (at moment, but chance of a 15:00 - 20:00??)
Thursday = Day-Off (might get asked to go in for a 15:00 - 22:00?)
Friday = 14:00 - 22:00
Saturday = 14:00 - 22:00
Sunday = Day-Off (running the 'Man v Bike' @ Denby Dale)
http://denbydaletravellers.org.uk/ESW/Files/DENBY_DALE_TRAVELLERS_RUNNER_V_BIKE_2011.pdf
Monday 31st = Day-Off (running 'Auld Lang Syne' at Haworth...... with the Brownlee brothers!!)http://woodentops.org.uk/index.php?topic=als&subtopic=home

Then to work in the evening for a night-shift (22:00 - 07:00)

Tuesday 1st = Bank Holiday (someone's asked me if I want to run a short fell-race near Halifax in the late morning....)

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Years back when I did care work the charity we worked told us it was policy not to pay double time on Christmas Day. They made the situation worse by only paying us half wages if the guys we supported weren't there, even if we used the time to clean, do paperwork, cook or even spent all day driving the fellas to their parent's houses!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
When I worked for MFI, it used to close for the week before Christmas then open on Boxing Day. There'd be brisk trade for the next three weeks and I'd work them without a day off mindful of the huge pay packet (double and triple time) with my name on it at the end of January.

Rob500

I'm off on the 25th & 26th and back in at 6am on the 27th. Between all the driving around relatives' houses I'll have to do and the early start back to work it'll be a tea total break for me. (as usual).

Drago

Legendary Member
I got some OT coming, 27th December and 1st Jan. could've blagged Chrustmas eve off but don't mind going in and didn't want to waste a days leave on it.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I'm on call throughout the period, doubt I will get a call though

flatflr

Guru
I can remember working 12 hour days over the holidays, for 2 weeks and 3 weekends with the only days off being xmas day and boxing day, hard work (worse as in my late teens at the time) but the over time pay was good (also did it for two weeks over easter and in the summer), but appreciate those that the work to keep the country running especially those in the police, medical, fire and military services

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Working over the holidays, off Christmas day, double shift 24th/26th.
Should be off new year's day this year, not really bothered, as I don't drink.

Top Bottom