Check out that forecast...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
Today would have been prime opportunity but I've no excuse not to be in work. :biggrin:

Yes, at least 2 inches of snow. Chaos ensues on the roads obviously.

Mysterious how everyone can get to work - except for teachers???

And then of course everyone with kids has to take a day off as well, leaving the rest of us doing twice as much work....thanks for that, guys!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Morrisette said:
Yes, at least 2 inches of snow. Chaos ensues on the roads obviously.

Mysterious how everyone can get to work - except for teachers???

And then of course everyone with kids has to take a day off as well, leaving the rest of us doing twice as much work....thanks for that, guys!

They have to think about the kids getting to school aswell. My walk to school on wednesday was dangerous, it was just ice everywhere.
My walk to the gym is safe though, but the walk to school is dangerouse(gym and school and right next to each other;):biggrin:)

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

its stupid though really.
Its more dangerous hurling yourself down hills on a sledge than it is walking to school, but hey, Im not complaining.

I reckon all these lost schooldays should be added on to the end of term in July.

How about NO :biggrin: this isnt the states (yet)

Joe24

roadiewill said:
its stupid though really.
Its more dangerous hurling yourself down hills on a sledge than it is walking to school, but hey, Im not complaining.

How about NO :biggrin: this isnt the states (yet)

But thats your choice to do that. Going to school is something you have to do.
So if you fell over and broke your arm walking to school, then it wouldnt of happened if you hadnt of been walking to school when it was dangerouse.
If you broke your arm while sledging then its your own fault completely because you chose to be there and be doing that.

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

Going to school isnt your own choice in the sixth form :0 mehhh

Joe24

roadiewill said:
Going to school isnt your own choice in the sixth form :0 mehhh

Yeh but when your in 6th form and it snows, how much work do you really do;)
The common room was empty on monday when it was snowing, and not many were in lessons:laugh:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well I was annoyed today that one school closed and the other didn't. I think it was right that one did close as many of the children arrive by bus so as all buses weren't running this morning then that is fine. I wish I hadn't sent the other one into school this morning I felt really mean.

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

Joe24 said:
Yeh but when your in 6th form and it snows, how much work do you really do;)
The common room was empty on monday when it was snowing, and not many were in lessons:laugh:

haha yeah I know, no one gives a damn (as per usual) to what the teachers saying, everyone just looks out the window

Joe24

roadiewill said:
haha yeah I know, no one gives a damn (as per usual) to what the teachers saying, everyone just looks out the window

Or you just cant make it back from the field because of the snow;)

Joe24

roadiewill said:
well yeah I suppose there is that problem... glaciers, snowdrifts, avalanches
And ofcourse you cant hear the bell from across the road, so theres that in there aswell;):cold:

Top Bottom