Cheeky Nando's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlesF

Guru
Holy thread resurrection!

I've never been to Nando's either, which seems to be a bit like saying I've never seen Star Wars to some folk. Not only have I never been to Nando's, I'd never heard of Nando's, which was a bit like saying I've never heard of Star Wars to one bloke.

Some locals types would drive 20 miles to the nearest one, but it can't be that good can it? It's just a chain after all.

Anyhow, Nando's has it's own Lancaster branch now... so sell it to me! What's so good about Nando's?

It’s a pale imitation of the original SA Nando’s that was takeaway only with much better quality chicken and proper Portuguese spices.

Although that was years ago !

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've been to Nandos once, and got it delivered at work once. Both times, the food was splendid. Far, far superior to KFC. Nandos chicken is very moist, and the range of sauces and sides is also good. Little bit pricey for what it is, but I'd still rather go there than other fast food places (excluding privately run Indian or Kebab houses). Every KFC I've had was worse than the last. The smell of the place is enough to put me off now. The chicken is flavourless, grey and soggy. The coating is not what it used to be. The chips are always cold, soggy, flavourless and have just the right amount of skin on them to be annoying.

Regarding the "cheeky Nandos", I think a much better description would be to say it's an unplanned visit, especially when you've been drinking and/or it isn't really meal time

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
We have them here in the states too. Mrs K and I enjoy it. Mostly different meals made up of chicken grilled on order with various levels of peri peri sauce & African spices including birds eye chili peppers. Sections of chicken, cut up and added to salads, or kebobs. From mild to extra hot. Various veggies… grilled corn, various squash. All quite tasty, though a bit pricy. Although we’re at the point here that there is nowhere that isn’t expensive, and if there is, they won’t be able to stay in business for long. We haven’t been to Nandos since pre-pandemic, but once we ever start eating out again, we’ll enjoy Nandos, if they manage to stay in business. 😋

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
@Electric_Andy agreed. We had a kfc delivered at work the other week and it was awful compared to how I remember it, overpriced, poor quality and smaller portions.
Often eat Nandos when out of town with the gf as she's a bit of a fussy eater and knows she'll get sorted there. I dont mind it, 20% off for NHS staff helps and think the quality is pretty decent as far as chain places go.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Popped my Nando's cherry yesterday. There appeared be 20% of the tables vacant but still had to wait 20 mins to be seated and by the time we were seated it was about half full. I think there's something going on; making it appear more popular than it actually is.

The food was nice (4 thighs, spicy rice and broccoli), the sauces were too. The drinks menu was lacking though. Nothing hot.

vickster

Legendary Member
Popped my Nando's cherry yesterday. There appeared be 20% of the tables vacant but still had to wait 20 mins to be seated and by the time we were seated it was about half full. I think there's something going on; making it appear more popular than it actually is.

The food was nice (4 thighs, spicy rice and broccoli), the sauces were too. The drinks menu was lacking though. Nothing hot.

Clearly understaffed (like most places nowadays). They certainly used to sell coffee so that’s odd (they have definitely cut their non meat menu back since Covid, so maybe the coffee machines have gone too)

Saluki

World class procrastinator
what is a nandos anyway ? cant say i have ever seen one

I went to one in Darwin, Northern Territorys. Our host liked the defrost, re freeze, defrost, refreeze method of food prep. We needed a meal that we didn’t feel the need to hide in a plant pot.
It was ok but nothing to get excited about. It did not appear cheeky. It didn’t answer back or owt, it just sat silently and a bit forlornly, on a plate. Maybe it was having a bad day. Being eaten will probably do that :smile:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I went to one in Darwin, Northern Territorys. Our host liked the defrost, re freeze, defrost, refreeze method of food prep. We needed a meal that we didn’t feel the need to hide in a plant pot.
It was ok but nothing to get excited about. It did not appear cheeky. It didn’t answer back or owt, it just sat silently and a bit forlornly, on a plate. Maybe it was having a bad day. Being eaten will probably do that :smile:

1 min in

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAF35dekiAY

Top Bottom