Cheeky sods at BBC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Monkey Boy said:
Rodge the Dodge cra**ing himslef on telly.....I would pay good money to see that. I'll start the bidding at £500 (will that cover your day rate?). Rodge, I think we have just found a way to make you even more famous and rich at the same time.;)

Fnarr...you are a genius.

MMmm....I would like to be rich and famous for being a brilliant cycling historian and founder of Cyclemagic, but if having a crap live on telly is the only way, maybe I'll consider it:wacko:

simoncc

Offer to throw in a couple of w*nking jokes and you might get something approaching the £6 million per year rate of pay that the BBC gives to some of its 'stars'.

Mr Pig

simoncc said:
Offer to throw in a couple of w*nking jokes and you might get something approaching the £6 million per year rate of pay that the BBC gives to some of its 'stars'.

That's true. That twat Johnathan Woss get a fortune for basically being rude to people.

GrahamG

Guru
Damn right to refuse - trying to get people to do them a service and then paying less than half of the annual license fee is taking the piss in extremis.

wafflycat

Aye, Auntie can be a tad pompous in its attitudes. Some time ago, I contacted the local BBC news folk and asked if I could spend some time with the local news section to see how news was produced (I was doing an OU M.Sc unit on science & the public and was doing some background research). I got a rather pompous response from SomeoneInCharge locally, about how they couldn't let just any body into the news room...

I contacted Anglia TV who do the local TV news on ITV and the reaction couldn't have been more different. I was invitied into the newsroom to see how a news bulletin was put together from getting stories, researching, ethos into what they'd broadcast, why & how, to writing the bulletin, how the background graphics were produced, and then how the programme was actually broadcast (spending the broadcast time in the director's section). An utterly different reaction - Anglia TV could not have been more helpful.

I did a day's filming with a documentary team from Swedish TV last year. I travelled up to Wilmslow and they interviewed me for about 3 hours. When they offered me some recompense (and fully in the knowledge that the beeb were tightarses), I began the sentence with 'Well I'd usually charge my day rate for this'...I hadn't got to the end of the sentence before they'd agreed to pay it! Without question! And they coughed up in a couple of weeks as well. I wish that I'd said double!!

Maz

Guru
Kirstie said:
I did a day's filming with a documentary team from Swedish TV last year.
What was the documentary about?

Maz said:
What was the documentary about?

It was about Britain as the world's leading example of the surveillance society. They were having a discussion about the introduction of GPS tracking devices in all cars sold in Europe from 2010 onwards...as well as CCTV, government databases etc.

The programme was called 'Agenda' which is Sweden's version of Panorama. I had subtitles!

Kirstie said:
It was about Britain as the world's leading example of the surveillance society. They were having a discussion about the introduction of GPS tracking devices in all cars sold in Europe from 2010 onwards...as well as CCTV, government databases etc.

The programme was called 'Agenda' which is Sweden's version of Panorama. I had subtitles!

If it had been done by Sky, it would have showed surveillance in showers. ;)

Kirstie said:

Give us some more info, Kirstie! I'll see if I can find it here

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=2216

unless you can, of course. :ohmy:

Top Bottom