Cheese Pt 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was thinking you couldn't add cheese to a full English breakfast, but of course you can:

grill haloumi
add brie to scrambled eggs
mix grated strong cheddar into baked beans
grill black pudding with a square of cheddar on top of it

so I was wrong.

Pandaboy

starseven said:
Cheese does not go well with porridge. Also cheese and cheese as too much cheese is worse than no cheese.

Dont sentences look strange when they have the same word too many times .

Too much cheese?

No, I'm sorry, you've lost me. I never realised it was possible to have too much cheese.

I have to be very careful with melted or cooked cheese when it's mixed with egg - as in, the smell, texture and taste may make me barf without warning... it goes back to school dinner tyranny at primary school when we were force fed this disgusting quiche which was made with cheap catering cheese. It smelt like sick and had the texture of rubber.

So if there is anything that can be ruined by the addition of cheese, for me it's definitely an omelette!

Tetedelacourse

Cheese does not improve chocolate cake. Hmm, might be stretching it to describe chocolate cake as a "meal" though. :rolleyes:

Cycling-related - Soreen with cheese? :blush:

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:35 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ChrisKH wrote:
Grated cheese on tinned spaghetti (on toast). Yum!

in a similar vein, beans on cheese on toast

With marmite on the toast! Double Yum!

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye][quote=ChrisKH said:
Grated cheese on tinned spaghetti (on toast). Yum!

in a similar vein, beans on cheese on toast :blush:[/quote]

bacon on beans on cheese on toast! :rolleyes:

Brock

longers said:
Right feeling better now.

Duck a l'orange - depnding on whether the l'orange was tart or sweet I could happily put white stilton (with apricots for tart sauce or with cranberries for the sweet sauce).

Lamb Jalfrezi - I used to eat quite a few curries with cheese in them, I can't remember the type of cheese but they were damn tasty.(I'm searching for the cheese and will footnote if found).

Beef wellington - Mozzarella under the pastry. Nice.

Satay King Prawns - Fine grated parmesan.

Naan Bread - Mozzarella (works better if it's a garlic naan) or parmesan.

Meat Pie - If it's the ones filled with gristle they aren't food.
Pork pie with cheddar, Chicken pie with creamy cheese sauce.

Guinness with Irish mature cheddar. It doesn't have to go in the glass.

Fish and chips was the one I was thinking of but punkypossum says it's good, who am I to argue.

Porridge - I like mine sweet so this is one I woiuldn't touch but I heard of someone who liked it cold and salty with grated cheddar.

Chinese food - Never heard of it with cheese at all so I have managed to miss this huge and varied food group. 10 points and a gold star.

Feel free to give up at will I've been proved wrong again. :blush:

Would stuffing a bit of mozzarella under the pastry of a good beef wellington actually improve it though?
Being fairly bland you could probably get away with putting mozzarella in just about anything, but whether it's odd squeaky texture or vague salty flavour would improve an already fine dish is surely arguable?

I don't believe any curry that is improved by putting cheese in it was a very good curry in the first place.

I have to admit I quite like the idea of a bit of white stilton with the duck though :rolleyes:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The Indian cheese used in curries etc is Paneer.
I'm v fond of cheese and would have it in , on or around most things. I don't think it would go with cornflakes, meringues or eccles cakes.
I have had a cheese ice cream before. Most excellent. Better than the caramelised mushrooms (although they were'nt bad, just odd. And slightly wrong.)

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Time to put a stop to this nonsense about putting cheese and fish together in the same dish.
I made Bacalhau com natas at the weekend, used vintage cheddar in the sauce and topped with grated mozzarella and parmesan, and it were lush! (Might post the recipe in cookingbites if I can be arsed.)
P1000793.JPG

P1000796.JPG

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Time to put a stop to this nonsense about putting cheese and fish together in the same dish.
I made Bacalhau com natas at the weekend, used vintage cheddar in the sauce and topped with grated mozzarella and parmesan, and it were lush! (Might post the recipe in cookingbites if I can be arsed.)
View attachment 649899

View attachment 649900

Shouldn't you be Poaching your fish :ohmy:

Top Bottom