Cheese....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andy_R

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Sorry, but why are you not allowed cheese?
If I was allowed unfettered access to cheese I would end up looking like Jabba the Hut, and Princess Leia would be made of Gouda

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Extra mature Cheddar for me, the stronger the better.

Yep,or of course thre's vintage too, Ipreferit when it almost has a crunch to it which feels like salt crystals. This sort will be a very hard cheddar.
Comte, Gorgonzola, Roquefort.
The Goods Shed in Canterbury used to do Dunshire Blue, it was gorgeous but since e-coli was discovered it's been unavailable.

tom73

Guru
Wash your mouth out @tom73 from Yorkshire. It's Wensleydale or nowt.

hehe all depends who made it's not protected anyone can make the stuff unlike good old Wensleydale. Never said I was not enjoying a good lump of that too along with a drop or two of black sheep. With a bottle or two of Ampleforth cider for good measure. ;)

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I rode from here to Nottingham last summer, and routed it to go past the dairies at Cropwell Bishop, Long Clawson and Colston Bassett. All closed by the time I got there. B*stards. It's as if they knew I was coming.
That's tough! Colston Basset's my favourite Stilton, and only a shortish ride away. Only a limited window of opportunity with their opening hours, though. Next time schedule a trip to Navenby for a loaf of Welbourn bakery's Lincolnshire plum bread, probably the best of the bunch, and pick up some mature Lincolnshire Poacher while you're at it. (I shook hands with that there Simon Jones just after he launched it on the market, doncha know; now he ignores me, the stuck-up git! After I gave him the idea for the name an' all...)

I love cheese, everything from Mousetrap to Bung and all in between.

The only problem is that I have a reaction to eating cheese, my skin goes all blotchy and my temperature rises, however, looking like a freshly slapped arse does not deter me from eating the stuff, the stronger the better.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
No idea who I stumbled upon this thread while catching up with CycleChat, but I thought I'd chuck in my tuppenceworth. I have spent nearly forty years ignoring Gouda entirely. Then I tried some Weydeland VSOC Gouda. It looks a bit odd, but *insert expletive* it tastes incredible https://slatecheese.co.uk/collections/hard-cheeses/products/extra-mature-gouda

I also tried some 'Renegade Monk', and can only politely think of describing the taste as an acquired one. Although if you like that smell when a family member has recently used the toilet then you'll probably love this cheese.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've had some Dorset blue this year. Lovely stuff. I also like brie if it's walking off the plate. Don't mind cheddar on a hovis biscuit, and of course on pizzas. I haven't tried this mousetrap stuff everyone was talking about. I'll look out for it

keithmac

Guru
I love cheese, everything from Mousetrap to Bung and all in between.

The only problem is that I have a reaction to eating cheese, my skin goes all blotchy and my temperature rises, however, looking like a freshly slapped arse does not deter me from eating the stuff, the stronger the better.

That's funny you should say that, I get a cold face when eating "raw" cheese but doesn't stop me either

Jacobs Biscuit/Cracker selection and some good cheeses are part and parcel of Christmas!.

Don't think I've ever tried a cheese I didn't like to be fair.

stephec

Legendary Member
https://www.dewlay.com/

I worked at this placed last year when I commissioned a new piece of machinery, and it has it's own shop.

Their Double Gloucester is the first one I've tasted that isn't completely bland, it has a lovely flavour, and the non crumbly version of Lancashire is top class. The mature cheddar is rather delish as well, the only downside is that they don't do anything soft like a brie.

Going up the M6 regularly for work means I can be in there once a month to keep stocked up. :smile:

Top Bottom