Cheesed off with Junk emails

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

I'm really cheesed off getting the jun email that I do. I'm always very careful when buying online and always choose not to receive 3rd party adverts etc. I'm not a member of anything dodgy at all. Is there a way I can lose them? When you open the mail and choose the 'Unsubscribe' option you get even more emails...GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
I've got yahoo mail which is excellent at sorting these into a Bulk folder. Only one or two wrong uns a month make their way into my proper e-mails.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I have downloaded this http://www.spamfighter.com/ It sorts out stuff and "learns" what you want to block, putting it in a folder that you can either check thro or just dump :biggrin:. Only problem I have is when I allow an automated download of my e-mails it doesn't sort them for some reason. Keep meaning to contact the software folks to see if there is a fix for that :biggrin:

stevenb said:
I'm really cheesed off getting the jun email that I do. I'm always very careful when buying online and always choose not to receive 3rd party adverts etc. I'm not a member of anything dodgy at all. Is there a way I can lose them? When you open the mail and choose the 'Unsubscribe' option you get even more emails...GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR :biggrin:

I hate Junk emails too :blush:, I get tons to hotmail account; "cheap meds from Canada", they're not exactly cheap by the time you ship them here :biggrin:. The theory is that when you choose to 'Unsubscribe' to junk you are actually confirming that it is a live email account so you get sent more as you say :biggrin:

Pete

BT Yahoo for me too. Seems to do its job most of the time, only about 1 or 2 spams a month get through. I do have to regularly (at least once a week) check the Bulk folder, some surprising things get planted there (including a family message from my brother-in-law). Also the regular 'newsnets' from CTC used to get regularly diverted as spam, despite the fact that every week I used to dutifully click the NOT SPAM button... In the end I sent an angry E-mail to Yahoo: their only suggestion was to 'keep trying', eventually the system would 'learn' who my real contacts were. I suppose it has now.

pzycoman

stevenb said:
When you open the mail and choose the 'Unsubscribe' option you get even more emails...GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR :biggrin:

Thats the way they can tell that your emails working, just ignore or delete them, or if your bored, do some 419 baiting (google that :biggrin: )

asterix

Comrade Member
pzycoman said:
Thats the way they can tell that your emails working, just ignore or delete them, or if your bored, do some 419 baiting (google that :biggrin: )

Good advice, I never open emails unless I have some idea what they are. I don't use Outlook Express either.

Agree that Yahoo does a good job of filtering although I have responded to emails from forum users (the old C+ one) and then found myself suddenly getting junk mail:ohmy:

Top Bottom