Chelsea vs Man Utd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

I've always thought the term 'Yid' referred to Tottenham, specifically the 'Yid Army'. It's obvious no offense was intended.

OP
OP
mangaman

mangaman

I have to be truthful and suggest that Arsenal fans are no more anti-semetic than most folk. It's an anti-Tottenham thing where Jews are cought in the crossfire. Spurs fans will throw back abuse about 'kebeb crunchers' but think nothing of getting a takeaway on the way home from the match. I have been to many a Spurs match, and again to be honest, the vast majority of fans are White Christian (sorry if that upsets, but I hope you know what I mean) people who don't give a stuff about Judaism..........all they care about is three points off the Gooners!

(I may have put this all wrong, but I didn't mean to offend....honest)

Bill

Yes, you're probably right.

It's just football fandom - I'd stick with Aylesbury though Dell - just to be on the safe side.

I imagine the abuse is fairly low key!

Maybe away fans criticisim the quality of the local duck they ate in a posh gastropub the night before?

OP
OP
mangaman

mangaman

Anyhow - back to the match.

Rooney shouldn't have been playing after his elbowing of the Wigan player.

Torres was rubbish as ever, despite my pre-match prediction. However I think Luiz looks like a great player.

He seems to really want to defend, but also go forward (even score a great goal like today). I think he is 23 and may have been the best bit of business done this January. (Although some of his challenges were a bit robust - and he could have been sent off in the 1st half with a sterner ref). But he's adapted amazingly to the Premier league - he pops up everywhere. For a centre half he seems to be playing one-man total football.

Top Bottom