Chelsea vs Man Utd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
thumbsup.png
thumbsup.png

very good, couldn't be happier with that result! and above the yids again!
keep that one out of P+L!

Attachments

• thumbsup.png
    thumbsup.png
    447 bytes · Views: 10
OP
OP
mangaman

mangaman

:biggrin:

It's Fash all over again!

Too right.

Citybabe PM'd me the moment he scored and said the same!

iLB

Hello there
of course because I typed it you won't know how I'm pronouncing it, which changes the connotation of the word...

OP
OP
mangaman

mangaman

of course because I typed it you won't know how I'm pronouncing it, which changes the connotation of the word...

Yeah right.

So you were in no way being anti-semitic about Tottenham fans in the time honoured, objectionable Arsenal way - you had some strange linguistic nuance all of your own, where referring to Spurs as "the yids" was a positive thing.

I think not!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
as a (non-believing) jew only latterly cured of supporting Tottenham might I point out that Spurs supporters refer to themselves as The Yids?

This may be a Chris Rock thing ('white women are only allowed to use the word 'nigger' if they're saying 'stick it in to me further, nigger' ') but I've been at Spurs when they've chanted 'Yid Army'..

http://www.cafepress.../+yids+t-shirts

OP
OP
mangaman

mangaman

well i'm not some sort of neo nazi if that's what you're thinking?

Not at all iLB - I just think remember football in the 1980s - when racism was rifest.

As well as abuse of black players, Arsenal continuously were anti-semitic and continue to be so.

I'm not saying you're a Nazi, but the use of the word yid to describe a Spurs fan comes from those racist roots.

Why refer to the local team in terms of their race? It doesn't happen with any other team / sport that I can think of.

iLB

Hello there
Perhaps an inappropriate use of the word yid then, but for me it's just a slang term to refer to Tottenham and carries no racist slur. And I would argue to call me a nazi as a result is even more inappropriate, cheers Vernon
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
mangaman

mangaman

as a (non-believing) jew only latterly cured of supporting Tottenham might I point out that Spurs supporters refer to themselves as the yids?

Yes - but only after decades of being called that by Arsenal I believe Dell

I think they adopted the "Yid army" thing as a way of sticking 2 fingers up to Aresnal.

I think Arsenal called Spurs Yids before they started calling themselves it.

I've also heard holocaust songs regularly - back in the 80s - at Norwich/Arsenal games. The hardcore Aresnal fans spent the match singing about Spurs and it was very definitely racist I believe.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Fair enough.

My grandfather used the word, and he (having been born Solomon Mendoza) fought against Mosley in Cable Street.

OP
OP
mangaman

mangaman

Sorry - I don't want to go all P&L (and worst of all end up on your famous Wittgenstein Interruptor!)

I just found the word a bit out-dated and easily avoidable.

I don't know the full backstory.

I have to be truthful and suggest that Arsenal fans are no more anti-semetic than most folk. It's an anti-Tottenham thing where Jews are cought in the crossfire. Spurs fans will throw back abuse about 'kebeb crunchers' but think nothing of getting a takeaway on the way home from the match. I have been to many a Spurs match, and again to be honest, the vast majority of fans are White Christian (sorry if that upsets, but I hope you know what I mean) people who don't give a stuff about Judaism..........all they care about is three points off the Gooners!

(I may have put this all wrong, but I didn't mean to offend....honest)

Bill

Top Bottom