Cheshire cat - getting close!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is usually just over 3000 riders.

Let us know how the start time goes/works out. Last time I did it, it took over an hour to get through the start. Everyone around me needed the loo by the time we started - first feed - the loos were crammed.

Best be off early anyway - Mow Cop is hard work picking your way through the walkers/bodies. If you are going to die, get over to the side please !

400bhp

Guru
There is usually just over 3000 riders.

Let us know how the start time goes/works out. Last time I did it, it took over an hour to get through the start. Everyone around me needed the loo by the time we started - first feed - the loos were crammed.

Best be off early anyway - Mow Cop is hard work picking your way through the walkers/bodies. If you are going to die, get over to the side please !

Taken from the event manual...

We didn’t get queue management right in the 2011 event. We’ve taken on board lots of good feedback, consulted other professionals in event management about this and are focussed on getting this right for 2012. For 2012 we will be operating a ‘zoning’ procedure. Riders will be appointed to one of a number of colour zones and will be informed of their colour when they receive entry packs. In the final event manual we will also advise, for each zone, what time the zone is open for arrivals; and what time their zone is released to the start line. A coloured ‘zone ticket’ will be included in the rider pack. Thus riders will not need to wait around in one big queue. The procedure will be explained in full detail in the event manual. We will also be changing how people are welcomed back across the finish line and guided to the building.

400bhp

Guru
Signed up for the 100 - not impressed with the email conversation I have been having with them. Took them a week to get to an answer they could have told me within minutes. :rolleyes:

lanternerouge

Veteran
You get e-mailed a start time, so we'll have to see. Anyone who's put 'Cycle Chat' as their team should be together.
B*gger I missed this post! Am signed up for the short route but considering the medium

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
in the letter that came with it, they stated 3000 entries so far. Not sure why the numbers therefore go so high. Maybe some blank numbers as some form of fraud prevention???

If anyone wants to do it as a group - you can edit your entry to include 'CycleChat' in the team.

OFF & Steve H - you're down as 'Cleckheaton' & 'Brighouse' as your respective teams!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've got my colour and start time; start time 9.30am and I'm in Blue according to the manual. I'll be there on the Secteur and with a green/white striped helmet if you want to avoid me :whistle:

What about others?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Blue/9.30 start time for me too. Now I just need to get the bike back from the LBS.....

I'll be wearing a Cyclechat shirt if anyone wants to say hi.

Top Bottom