Cheshire cat - getting close!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve H

Large Member
Just been playing around with strava.com. It's like most regular ride tracking and logging sites, but there is a section where you can compare your performance on certain ride sections. I've just been having a quick look and they have the Mow Cop Hill on there. Looking forward to getting home tomorrow night and comparing how well / poorly I've done on that section of the ride. Wonder if the software can tell whether I walk the top section???

potsy

Rambler
Ok - I've entered my very favourite part of being a cyclist.....

.... time to start carb loading before an event!! And I've got all day tomorrow to load up some more.
Good luck for tomorrow Steve, don't forget to put your clocks forward, we know what you're like for getting to an event at the right time/day :whistle:
As part of joining in I have started carb loading too, well I have a 20 mile ride on the trail planned for tomorra with at least 50ft of climbing :tongue:

400bhp

Guru
Shorts day tomorrow I reckon.

Good luck fellas - my started pack never arrived so I've no idea what time I am off.

400bhp

Guru
Didn't bother putting cyclechat - supposed to be riding with a mate, but as usual, he has let me down. :rolleyes:

Yeah, debating whether to stick the aldi running longs over the top-probably will to be honest.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Everyone got their race plates on? Seatpost sticker and helmet chip too?

Just been on the kilo site for a last read up, whadaya know... It wont, let me onto the chesire cat bit to review the manual.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Good luck with it people. Im going south west on the Chirk 200 from Poyton so I won't see you on the road :smile:

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

Waiting for 10 to start...

it was chilly when i started unpacking the bike in the car park but warming up now. Should of been in shorts and a lighter jersey, oh well!

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

Yup, seemed pretty well organised. I was doing the short route so that was one of the last slots to leave. I was paranoid about getting there in time so I would be sure of getting parking so I was ready to go just gone 8am!, Never mind, chilled and soaked up the ambiance.

The ride itself seemed to be in 2 section as far an my perfomance was concerned. I have only really been out doing 15 to 25 milers with any regularity and I percived I was doing well up to this point and thought I may be on for a strong Silver (2 hours 40) maybe even a gold, had the feed stop and a few gell and I perked up again. I managed to hang on to the back of a few packs doing 22-25 on the straights, then for the next 10 miles I didnt do too well, lots of solo 12-14mph sections, even more demoralising when the fast lads that had done the longer route came passed doing well into the 20s! On the home run of about the last 7 miles I seemed to pick up again. The GPS trace doesnt look as I expected, seems fairly even throughout the ride.

The GPS trace is in this thread... http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/chesire-cat-times-and-traces.98571/

endoman

Started around 8.15. No queues. Very well organised. We missed a left turn near alsager as did many others. Got back en route eventually. Mow cop done in one piece. The other hills were a decent workout as well. Food stations good. Would have benefitted from some Marshalls at key junctions. Last half flew by in our club group. 6 hrs 14 rolling time. Pleased as we werent pushing in first half. Great weather.

Lots of punctures around. Many holes meant care needed. Personal observation was that anyone with a helmet cam on rides like a cock!

Great start to the year considering I didn't own a bike this time last year.

400bhp

Guru
Finished - buggered now.

To be honest I didn't enjoy it that much due to:

(i)I made the mistake of not making some no sugary stuff to eat and had to rely on all the crap at the feed stations. Ran out of puff just after last feed station and felt sick for the remainder 20 ish miles. Got a bit of a 2nd wind with 10 miles to go.

(ii) was on my own as my mate let me down. people not particularly friendly - was quiet most of the way round

(iii) a few poor examples of cycling (overtaking way too close).

Bonus - I can climb hills if I do say so myself. :whistle:

Did 115 miles today.

Top Bottom