Cheshire cat - getting close!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billy1561

BB wrecker
Thanks. I actually have the route downloaded to my PC but can't get it onto my device. Thanks again

400bhp

Guru
is it a gpx file or a tcx?

It took me a while to work out that you view tcx on the Garmin in a different way.

billy1561

BB wrecker

It took me a while to work out that you view tcx on the Garmin in a different way.
I honestly don't know as I'm in work at present. I will check when I get home tonight. .I've also re posted in the tech help section, where I perhaps should have asked in the first place.
Many thanks

billy1561

BB wrecker

Connect the garmin via USB, then copy the gpx or tcx file into the Garmin > New Files folder
disconnect, restart and it should be there under the Courses menu
It's actually a pdf file now ive checked which of course means nothing to me and i cant see any way i can save it as another type of file. Most puzzling.

400bhp

Guru
A pdf file is nothing to do with Garmin (it's generally tused for viewing things on the computer). You need to save the gpx file off the cheshire cat website.

Alternatively, load up my link above and download as a gpx gile.

billy1561

BB wrecker
Finally sorted it. Deadhead was correct with the method. I got the GPX (thanks 400bhp) and sent it to newfiles folder and worked a treat. Edwards said the same in the tech help section so thanks to him also.
Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Top Bottom